Chapter 2 - Seeing Blind

Author's Note #1:

Second chapter, hope you like it! Let's imagine this is a picture of them on their picnic. I would love it if you could check out my MERCH STORE, I have 1D and solo merch. I obviously have a design for Small Talk. If you want to check it out we're on instagram as shopmwk and our webpage is https://shopmwk.com/ And if you want to know when I post a new chapter, you can follow me on instagram, I always post a story when the chapter's up :) My ig is cristy.lealr

*Casey's POV*

I heard my alarm go off at exactly 8 a.m. the following morning. I didn't feel like waking up, I had barely slept at all. I couldn't stop thinking about Niall and the fact that he had written a song about us, thanks Ash for making me listen to his song. But I knew I had to get up if I wanted to keep my job, I was a fully functional adult now and I had to start acting like one.

Before I even left my bed, I reached for my mood journal. I started one right after the whole Niall thing, when I was in a really dark place and I needed something to help me push through life. I opened it and stared at todays' page.

How do you think you'll feel today? I read. I had decided to put my own little twist on my mood journal, everyone always rates their mood at the end of the day, but I had decided that I would do it at the beginning of the day. I'll write down a number based on how my schedule looks like and how excited I am for the days' activities, that way I'll always do my very best to try and live that day based on what I had rated it. And by the end of the day, I'll go back to my journal and answer the next question How did you really feel today? And whenever I rate it a number lower than what I had written in the morning, I get a treat to cheer me up and help me make my day a little better. This simple task has helped me so much and now I'm in a much better place, so I'll never stop doing it.

How do I think I'll feel today? I think to myself. Well I couldn't stop thinking about Niall all through the night, and I don't suppose that I'll stop thinking about him now thanks to his song about us, I don't expect my day to be that great. I guess I don't expect to feel better than a 4, so that's what I write down. I set my journal down and hide it in my drawer before leaving my room.

"Morning." A cheerful Ash greeted me as I met her in our kitchen. I just plopped in the stool next to her. "Someone woke up moody." She teased.

"Shut up before you start, please. I barely slept at all." I answered as I took a sip of my coffee.

"Why?"

"I don't know." I lied.

"That's weird."

"It is. But anyways, I can't stay here and complain about that. I have a job to get to." I had been lucky enough to get a job in my field right out of college, and it was in one of the places I had dreamt of working in. When I applied, I never even expected to get interviewed for it, much less get the job. But here I was, working as an assistant to a record producer, trying to learn as much as I could so I could become a producer myself. Ever since I can recall, I've loved music. When I was little I remember there was always music playing at my house, so naturally my love for music grew from there. I used to sing all of the time, that is until Niall happened. Ever since then I decided to step away from the spotlight and move backstage, to where the magic actually happens. And so far, I was pretty happy with that, sure I missed singing, but this was amazing as well. I got to hear lots of great artists and help them bring their songs to life.

~June 14, 2009~

"So what are we doing today Nialler?" I asked him, we were talking on the phone planning what we were going to do for the day. Ever since summer started, this has been our morning routine, calling each other bright and early, make plans and then spend the whole day together.