Chapter 20 - Arms of a Stranger

Author's Note #1:

New chapter! The song for this chapter is arms of a stranger, even though they aren't technically strangers but I thought that the song fit with their situation (aka lovers in the dark)! Here's a pic of Niall looking at Ace while they were talking. I would love it if you could check out my MERCH STORE, I have 1D and solo merch. We're on instagram as shopmwk and our webpage is https://shopmwk.com/ And if you want to know when I post a new chapter, you can follow me on instagram, I always post a story when the chapter's up :) My ig is cristy.lealr

*Casey's POV*

"Well, I better get going." I announced.

"You're leaving?" Niall asked, surprised.

"Yeah. It's not like we're going to have a sleepover Niall, we're not 15 year olds anymore."

"You used to stay over all the time."

"That was when we were in a relationship."

"So now you're just using me for sex?" He acted offended. "I feel violated."

"Oh shut up." I laughed. "I told you I hadn't forgiven you."

"And I told you you would."

"Well that still hasn't happened so I'm not staying the night." I started gathering all of my clothes and getting dressed. It's not like he hadn't seen me naked before, he had, plenty of times. So there was nothing to be ashamed of. Niall was the first and only guy to ever see me completely naked and even though we weren't in the bestest of terms right now, I still trusted him when it came to him seeing me naked.

"Fine, your loss."

"Yeah right."

"I remember you used to love waking up in my arms."

"Yes, when we were in a relationship."

"And now we're just fuck buddies? Or what?"

"I mean...if you want to..." 

"Are you serious?" Niall sat up in bed, giving me his whole undivided attention. "Are you really suggesting that we become friends with benefits?"

"Scratch the friends part."

"Only benefits?"

"Only if you want to." I quickly added, not wanting to sound too easy, but god, I had really missed having sex. And by having Niall as my fuck buddy, I wasn't breaking any of my rules since we'd already had sex before, I saw it as a win win. "We would get to have sex with a person who already knows what we like and we don't like in bed, without having to go through all the troubles of dating, win win."

"I mean...if that's what you want...I suppose we could."

"Great." I smiled at him. 

*Niall's POV*

"Okaayyy." I replied, still not very convinced.

"And can we keep this just between us? "

"Let me get this straight. You want us to be fuck buddies when we're alone and when we're with other people we pretend like we don't like each other?"

"Yeah, exactly like that. I just don't want to think people I'm easy."

"Oh trust me Ace, you're anything but easy. But okay, we'll do whatever you want." If this was the only way I could have her, I'd take it...for now. It was better to have her in the dark, than to not have her at all. Even if I was still madly in love with her, this would have to suffice for now until I made her fall back in love with me.