🚲 TWENTY-THREE 🚲

Start bij het begin

I sighed.

"Your boyfriend was calling you. And I didn't... nevermind. I don't know if you want to answer though. He had been sending you texts and calling all night apparently."

He looked down at our hands now intertwined, shaking his head.

"No, I don't want to speak with him."

And with his response I let a sigh of relief, a sincere smile forming on my lips.
At least he wasn't crawling back to him.
Thank God.

"Louis?" - He mumbled.

"Mhm?"

"I..." - He chuckled. - "I left my bike outside, could you check it's still out there, please?" - He bit his lip.

I chuckled, squeezing his hand in reassurance.

"I'm sure it's still out there, this place, this neighborhood, is very safe, darling." - I lifted his hand to my lips, kissing the back of his hand, then resting it back on the mattress. - "But of course I'll bring it inside. And even it wasn't there, I'd buy you another one, and this time you would get to choose it." - I said, and he finally smiled at me.

"Thanks, you're awesome." 

I chuckled, standing up from the bed.

"Anything else you need while I'm downstairs?"

"Water?"

"You got it." 

🚲

As predicted, the bike was right there where Harry had dropped it. I brought it back inside carefully, and returned to the bedroom with a glass of water in hand.

"Bike's secured in the living room now." - I winked at Harry who was sitting now against the headboard. I handed him the glass of water.

"Thank you."

I sat at the edge of the bed once again, giving him his space.

"You're very welcome, love."

Harry just smiled at me and leaned towards me, pecking my cheek.

"You are too nice to me."

"No, I'm not." - I sighed, resting a hand on his knee over the blankets. - "I'm just treating you as everyone should."

He looked up at my eyes, brushing his lips with his tongue, leaning closer to me.

"I wished I could kiss you right now." - He sighed.

"You can." - I said.

"But Austin."

"It's your call, baby. We can be just friends if you want to."

He nodded and took some distance from me. 

"I could... really use a friend right now." - He whispered, looking down at my hand on his knee. 

I nodded.

"I'm right here, yeah?" - I squeezed his knee softly. - "Now, do you want to stay the rest of the night? Or do you want me to call Gael? You know you are more than welcome to stay; you can sleep here. I'll just take the guest room."

"What?" - He frowned. - "No. This is your room."

I chuckled.

"But is the best room in the house, and definitely the best bed. So I want you to have it."

He shook his head.

"Is yours. I don't want it." - He pouted.

"Well, too bad. You're taking it anyways." - I smirked.

"Louis!" - He chuckled. 

"If you don't accept this bed, then I'll sleep on the floor."

"What? Why?" - His eyes widened. 

"It'll be my hunger strike." - I shrugged.

"You're kidding."

"Nope. I'm very serious about this."

Harry sighed.

"This bed is huge. I'd only sleep here if you also sleep here."

"What?"

"That's my hunger strike."

I rolled my eyes.

"I don't want you to feel overwhelmed or pressured to anything, Harry."

"I don't. If anything, I'd feel safer with you in the room." - He said, almost in a whisper.

"Okay." - I nodded softly.

"Okay." - He said with a tiny smile, laying back down, and tucking himself in.

I stood still for a second, not knowing what to do.

"Lou?"

"Mhm?"

"It is your bed; you are allowed to lay down too." - He laughed.

I doubted a bit but then climbed over his body, crawling to the empty side of the mattress as I laid down next to him.

"That's better." - He giggled.

As I settled under the blankets, we both laid on our sides, facing each other.

"I don't understand you." - I mumbled into the dark.

"What don't you understand?"

"You. You are crying, you're in pain, but then you are completely fine with me, and you laugh and joke and... all. What do you do to forget about everything that happened to you today?"

"That's easy." - He smiled. - "You. That's why I came here. You make me feel better, Lou. And I like the feeling of being with you."

I smied just a little.

"I like it too."

Harry looked into my eyes and suddenly cut the distance between us, joining our lips on a gentle kiss.
I closed my eyes and waited until he made the next move.

When Harry finally took the courage to make the kiss deeper and brushed his lips against mine again and again, I followed. Letting him set the rhythm.

I lifted my hands to his hair and he moved even closer to me, our bodies now pressed against each other.
Harry kissed with a sense of calm, with no urgency, with no rush. Harry kissed me as if he was trying to feel every nerve, every brush, every corner. 
Harry kissed in a way that made me be a hundred percent in the present.

But then, Harry backed off and stared at me intently for a few seconds.

"What's wrong?" - I asked, still caressing the back of his neck.

"I'm going to break up with Austin." 

His words took me by surprise.
A big smile making it way to my lips as I felt a rush of pride. 

"Really?" 

"Yes." - He nodded with certainty.

"Well, Harry, I'll be right here. You shouldn't do this on your own. I can go with you just in case something happens. I don't want him to hurt you again. Do you hear me?" - I said firmly, making sure to be looking right into his eyes so he would know how deeply I meant every word. Harry nodded.

He got closer to me and wrapped his arms around my waist to cuddle. His head rested on my chest, as I placed my arms around him as well.

"Thanks." - He said shyly.

"Anytime." - I mumbled, leaving a kiss on his hair. - "You should sleep."

"On it." - Harry said and buried his face in my chest even more if possible. 

I snorted, smiling as I finally closed my eyes.

"Sweet dreams, baby." 

"Sweet dreams, Lou."