Chapter 9

After seeing Malik, Kamari went home. She was frustrated but it was like she didn't even blame him. She blamed herself.

She sat in her bed and watched a YouTube video while she we had a teddy bear in her lap.

Suddenly, she got a knock at the bedroom door.

"Come in", she said.

The door opened and Xavier peeled through with a smile.

"I thought you would've brought yourself a mansion by now", he said jokingly.

Kamari smiled. "One day", she said.

Xavier chuckled as he walked all the way in.

"I haven't seen that bear in a minute.. I guess because the only time you have it out is when you're sad or thinking about dad", Xavier said as he sat down. "So which one is"

Mari's day gave her that teddy bear, a couple of days before he died.

"...embarrassment", Kamari said.

"...Malik?", he asked.

"Yes. But I'm okay", Kamari said.

"Yea but what he did isn't. Justin told me and honestly I think it's messed up", Xavier said. "You got a big heart and he or nobody else don't need to be around here fucking it up"

"He isn't to blame though. It's my fault. I chose to fall in love with him and open up to him", Kamari said. "I didn't keep my guard up"

"You told Parker?", Xavier asked.

"Oh God no", Kamari said as she rolled her eyes. "Parker is crazy and I don't have time for that"

Xavier chuckled.

"I'm just going to tell him I got tired of Malik and left him or something. Which is kinda true", Kamari said.

"Kinda?", Xavier asked.

"...I know. I'm stupid for even having an ounce of love for him", Kamari said.

"Well...he was your first and I'm not surprised", Xavier said.

Kamari looked down.

"But continue to do what you doing and move on. It's best for you. Don't worry about him", Xavier said.

"Okay", Kamari said as she looked up at Xavier.

Xavier looked at the TV.

"She fine", he said.

"Did you come in here for something?", Kamari said.

"Check on you", he said. "But I see that you're doing better than I thought"

"Yea", Kamari said.

"But I'll see you later. I'm about to head home", Xavier said

"Okay. Goodnight", Kamari said.

"Goodnight"

Xavier grabbed this ring off of her desk before he walked out the room and walked into Justin room.

"You ready?", justin asked.

"Yea, come on", Xavier said.

Justin got up and followed him on their way out.

"Parker coming?", Justin asked.

"Nah. He ain't gone do nothing but act like an ass or do some stupid shit", Xavier said.

"True", Justin said. "But why do I need to come again?"

"To keep me from doing something I'll regret", Xavier said.