Chapter 14: 25th December, 1996 / 30th June, 1997.

En başından başla

"Mum and dad will be here soon, if ya wanna go home with them," he said as we walked toward their store. It started to get dark so he pulled me closer.

"Okay! But can I stay with you and George tonight, Freddie?" I asked, laying my head on his arm. I was still carrying Tabitha- she had changed colors. She was a true tabby, but changed to black when she was fully content. She only did that with Fred.

"Ha, of course love! They know that, they're mostly comin' to say hi before tomorrow! They've missed you!" he said as we entered the shop. I smiled and he held out his arm, allowing me to walk in ahead of him. Tabitha was meowing in her crate.

"You can let your cat out, Mar!" I heard a familiar voice say.

"Hi Georgie!" I said as I looked up at him.

"Oi Kiddo!" he smiled back and made his way downstairs. I let Tabitha out— she found an empty area and stretched out. I sat down on a bench as I waited for them to get ready to close. A few minutes went by, and I was about to get my pad out to draw when I became distracted.

"Helloooo!" I heard a friendly voice say.

"Molly, Arthur!" I ran toward them. Now that I'd officially been in their family for over three years, they insisted we be on a first name basis.

"Mary dear! How are you?" Molly asked when I reached her hug. Arthur walked by and kissed the top of my head.

"I'm great! Sorry it's been a few weeks since I've been to the Borrow! I meant to come last weekend, but the twins wrapped me into something."

"It's fine dear, you're coming tomorrow!" She smiled at me and kissed my head. It was a Weasley thing, and I loved it more than they knew. After a few minutes of making sure I, and the twins were okay. They headed home to get ready for the rest of the gang to show.

Being in the shop made George and Fred so happy— they were thriving. That made me happy. Fred caught me smiling at him and came over to me. He put his arm around me, "whatcha thinking 'bout love?"

"How happy being here.. owning this place makes you. It fills me with joy!"

"Thanks for the support love! It'll still be open when you're done school, if ya need a job," he winked.

"I love you," I smiled.

"I love you more!" he smiled back.

"Mkay, Freddie. Good to go!" George called from the back.

"Tabitha!" She came running and jumped in her crate. Colors still changed— she loved Fred too. We all left together for the burrow.
———————————————————————
It was Christmas morning, 25 December 1996. Fred gave me a beautiful new watch, since mine was old, and had broken during the 'Umbridge Ending', as it came to be known- I just wore it out of habit now. The new watch had two sets of hands. One set told time, the other was a picture of me and him. He was on the other second hand, I was on the other minute.

It resembled the clock that sat above the fireplace at the borrow— the faces of the kids would move when they left home and again when they returned. Fred said my watch used the same magic— his face would creep closer to mine the closer he got to me. I could to track him too, if we ever got separated while together. I love magic.

"It's perfect Fred, really!" I kissed him hard and he blushed a little knowing his family was watching.

Arthur and Molly also gave me a beautiful preset. "Mary! Here you go, doll!" Molly said as she walked over to me. "From me and Arthur dear." I smiled as I opened it. "Molly, Arthur.. this is wonderful! But you didn' have to! These are very expensive.. I.." I said as I continued to open it: new drawing kit: pads, pencils, erases, all of it.