Knowing him

Walking behind him silently through lanes, he finally stopped in front of a house. Turning back to me he said
"This is the place I was telling about."
Looking confused I look at it.

An old house with red tiles turned black,walls painted white,'Tteok-bukki House' written in a corner and having small one man passing door.

"Are you sure is this the place?" I questioned confused.
"I....can't see anyone here."
He smiled and replied
"This place belongs to my uncle from long time. Lets go inside."
I follow him.

As I stepped inside,I see many people occupied the small space and noisy,three people moving in gust to serve them. Lee leads me to a empty space in a corner. He calls out to a man and he appears near our table. Lee and man whisper something themselves and later he takes order and left the table. I looked at him blank. Seeing me staring at him blankly he spoke out.

"The person who took our order was my uncle." He smiled
"Oh" I nod my head and started to scan the place again.
"He was good friend of my parents and also he is my guardian now."he continued to tell about his uncle.
"Now he is my only family." He said lowering his eyes in soft tone.

I stared at him thinking how tough it would have been to him. He raised his eyes,seeing me he let a laugh and said

" Don't pity on me. Its been long time and Uncle took good care of me. With his love I never felt like mossing my parents."
I got immersed into his story and listened carefully.
"My family owned a designing company." He continued.
"Where from small brouchers till biggest advertisements were done. After dad's take-over,company used to get more orders from small running business and also projects from biggest companies." He smiled
"Dad had made everything simple. So everyone could get proper service. Company got many awards for achivements. Everything went well and also at the same time rivals arised." His voice got tensed.
"As it went on,conflicts started between shareholders and Dad. Company projects started to decrease." He said in a low tone.
"One day he got a biggest project which could gain company's image back. He was very happy. On the way to company my parents met with accident."

I couldn't help myself. I let out 'oh' in low voice. After a pause
"I was 9 years old. Company was taken by shareholders...but I was still threat to some. They tried to kill me many times,but Mr. Lu", seeing towards half aged man he continued.
"He protected me always. He sacrified his dreams and was always by my side. He left the capital and settled here in this small city."

Immersed into his story I asked curiously
"So that means they still have eye on you. If they find out you are here,they may attack you?"
He let out laugh. Our dish arrived. It looked delicious.

"Ya. May be." He answered as he set my bowl near to me. I start to eat.

"How is it?"

He asked looking at me with wide eyes waiting for my reaction. It was inneed the best ever tteok-bokki I had.
"Hmm....its....delicious" I replied.
"Today its on me" he said.
We finished our lunch by having some talks.
Then he spoke to his Uncle. As we set to leave I bow slightly towards his uncle to gesture thank you and goodbye.
Again,we were walking on lanes. I just kept following. My mind wanted me to go home. But my heart wants to follow him.
'Whats wrong with me? What am I thinking?'thoughts came in mind.
I fell into dilemma. After sometime...
"Actually___"
"You___"
We spoke together at same time.
"You first" he said
"I'll head home then. Thank you for comfort and lunch today. I'll repay you someday...may be...treating you meal." I said as I bow slightly.
"Then I'll walk you home." He said and started to walk.
"No need" I said abruptly "I can go alone."
"Its also way to my home, so I can walk you." He said and smiled.
"Wait.....How do you know where I live?" I questioned looking at him sharply.
As if being caught,he turned front and hesitating he replied
"As I...said its way...to my home too...I saw you otherday on my way back to school." And starts to walk. Still being unsatisfied with the answer I start to walk.
We walked silently untill we reach my home. As we stand near my gate - "Thank you for today." I said
"Its nothing. If you need any help anytime,you can find me."he said.
'I hope that time doesn't come' my mind spoke out.
"Ya sure" I muttered.
"See you tomorrow" waving hands he walked away.
'See you tomorrow?' Not knowing what he meant I went inside,washed myself,took orange juice from refrigerator and sat on my desk and decided to write my journals. I don't know from where I should start. All moments with him starts to replay in my mind.
"What am I thinking?" Suddenly disinterupting my thoughts, I slam my book and go to take a nap.