First time to my house

It  was a weekend. I shut the alarm and remained lying on bed thinking about art contest. I thought of the sketchy painting of the other day. As Lee suggested a scenery would be best to begin with the contest. Wind seeking inside my room through slightly opened window making the dark coloured curtains move. It looked like a cloudy day. I moved blanket aside and dragged myself out of the room. As I went to fix my breakfast, I saw a sticky note on the table.

" Again" sighing I said to myself.

Its mom informing that she would be out of town for two days due to work. I threw the note into the dustbin and prepared my breakfast. Whiling eating I fell in thought of completing that one frame nature. Though it is no longer exists, I still have picture in my mind. It was a mesmerising image. It was good opportunity to complete my work without mom being around. I finished my breakfast, washed dishes and headed back to my room.

I took out the necessary materials and tools needed. Pinning the sketch paper on the work board, I start my work. My work continued with  sometimes thinking, mixing colours, stroking brush, messing my hands and clothes. To me it turned out into amusement park  with colours. I continued till my stomach started to growl with hunger. I realised it was late evening and dark outside. With the mess around I was too lazy to  cook for myself. So I decided to buy food from near by convenient store. I washed my hands, wore a mask to save make-up time, slide onto a coat, put my wallet in my pocket, slipped on my shoes, locked the door and set out walking alone in the bright lit lane.

Starry sky above me and view of the city light beside refreshed my mind and heart. Walking down to the second lane, I creep out as if I heard a person being hit by some people. Carefully I rushed towards the sound. I lean towards the wall to hide myself not being caught. At first I couldn't see anyone as the lane was dimly lit. After few seconds from the silhouette I could see a boy being hit by three men in black suit near to a lamp post. The boy faced towards the lamp post, I was shocked to see it.

"Lee!!"

I blocked my mouth with my hands to avoid making any sound. Being shocked I could not think of anything.
'I need to save him' was only words kept on repeating in my mind. Finally I removed my cell phone and then -------
Listening to sirens of police the black suit men left Lee and runaway. I ran towards Lee kneeling down I call him out.

"Lee!! Lee!!"

I could not find anyone around for help. He laid half conscious.  I was afraid they would comeback. So I decided to leave the place as soon as possible. I managed to bring him home. I got him settled on sofa. After untying his shoes I went to grab a glass of water and a wet towel to clean his wounds. I made him to drink water. As I was cleaning his face,

“ Do you have your phone?” I asked.

He nodded his head while scanning thoroughly through his pockets. Taking out his phone from the pocket I noticed  its display has been damaged and there is no way I could contact his uncle. I continued to clean his wound.

“ Shall we go to the hospital? You can rest comfortably later.” I asked in concerned voice.

“Later” he said in a faint voice.

After contemplating I let him to rest. Settling down near him, thoughts crossed my mind. It is first time I brought someone to my house. My mom was out of town. I had no idea if I had to stay with him or do my work.  That’s when I decided to cook warm soup for which I gathered ingredients.

After I finish cooking, I served it in a bowl for Lee. I ended up feeding him and put him back to sleep. My stomach started to growled aloud. I feed myself with the remaining soup. I head back to kitchen and start to clean. It was late night. Cold breeze splashed my face through window while I cleaned dishes.

After I was done with cleaning I decided to check on him for the last time before going to bed. He was sleeping peacefully. As I tuck his hand under the blanket, I felt it hot. I place my hand on his forehead, its burning from high fever. Almost running across the hall I quickly take out  first-aid box from the drawer of my room and found the medicine. I helped him to have it and all covered again I put him back to sleep. I grabbed some ice cubes, soaked towel and put it on his forehead.

“I hope this will bring fever down.” I murmured myself.
I sat down near the sofa watching on him.

I woke up startled as I felt someone stroking my hair. It was daylight. I found Lee still sleeping. It seems like I fell asleep beside him last night. I stood up and checked his temperature, placing my hand on his forehead.

“Fever has come down.” I told myself smiling.

Picking up half-lying blanket, I cover him with it and go to freshen up. As I come out of my room. I see him going through his wounds.

“Do you feel better than yesterday?” I asked him.

He gets startled and stood-up.

“Ya...ya...I ‘am feeling good.” He said.

He looked around the house as if searching for someone. Our eyes met. In low  voice

“ Your m....m..oo.m?” he said carefully.

I said with a small laugh, “ She is out of town for work.”

He took a deep breathe of relief and again sat on the sofa.

“After breakfast, let’s go to the hospital.” I say as I head towards kitchen.

“NOO!!...” he said almost screaming.

I freeze at his voice.

“No need to go to hospital. They are just scratches.” He said with half-hearted smile.

I turn around with a stern voice

“ You.Are.Going.To.The.Hospital.” I said and continued my work in the kitchen.

As I start preparing for breakfast,

“Is there anything I can do for you?” he asked standing near the table at my back.

“No, I can do myself. You please have some rest.” I say and continue to work.

He pulls a chair from dinning table and sat on it facing towards my back. There was awkward silence in the room other than sounds of utensils and cutting of vegetables. We smile awkwardly whenever our eyes met. Sometimes later he walks towards the cabinet, takes out the plates and sets on the table. I serve breakfast as soon as its done. We start eating silently.

“Ah!” I remarked suddenly.

“ Please inform your uncle first .” I said as I pass him my phone across the table.

“ He might be worried as you did not go home last night.” 

“ He is out of town. He will be back by today evening.” He said casually and continued eating.

“Oh” I nod my head.

As I finish my breakfast, I took my dishes to clean.

“ Let me do the dishes.” He said taking mine along with his plate, moving towards the kitchen sink.

“No, its okay. I can do it. You need not do the work.” I said in denying tone.

“We need to go to the hospital right?” he said while in half way of wearing the kitchen gloves.

“I will finish cleaning the dishes, while you get ready.”

Wearing apron with a big smile on his face he turned towards sink and runs the water. I stand there for few seconds staring at his back thinking ‘Is it okay?’ in other hand he is right too.

“Noona...palli” he said in high tone interrupting my thoughts.

“Huh!!...ok..ok” I leave to get ready. I come out of room with my casual wear and found Lee putting away apron neatly.

“ I am done” he said walking towards me wiping his hand in the kitchen towel.

“Let’s go then.” I said and walk towards the door.

“ I am feeling good now.” He said standing half way to door.

“ Are you scared?” I said teasing him.

“No...Its not the way you think. I am feeling better now. Trip to hospital will be trouble to you. So its ok.” He replied carefully in hesitant voice.

“ I want to just make sure if you have internal injury and bandage the wounds.” I said.

He wore his shoes and locking the door we set out to hospital.