Chapter 17

Preserve (Stiles POV)

I had dragged Scott out here for a surprise. He had been sulking about Allison all day and I wanted to get his mind off of it.

"Where are we going?" Scott asked me. "You'll see." I said, walking faster. "'Cause we really shouldn't be out here. My mom is in a constant state of freak-out from what happened at the school." Scott said, making me turn to him and huff. "Well, your mom isn't the Sheriff, okay? There's no comparison, trust me."

"Can you at least just tell me what we're doing out here?" Scott said, stopping with walking and making me look at him again. "Yes! When your best friend gets dumped—" I began, but was interrupted."--I didn't get dumped! We're taking a break—" Scott said, I looked at him with a sad smile. I felt sorry for him.

"All right, well, when your best friend gets told by his girlfriend that they're taking a break... you get your best friend drunk." I said, taking some alcohol out of my backpack. Scott took the bottle and drank from it, making me smile.

After a few sips, I could feel myself getting drunk. "Dude, you know... she's just one... one girl. You know, there are so many... there are so many other girls in the sea..." I stated, smiling in the air."Fish in the sea." Scott said irritably. I looked over at him and scoffed. "Fish? Why you talking about fish? I'm talking about girls. I love girls. I love 'em. I love especially ones with brown hair, brown eyes, five-foot-seven.." I said, losing my train of thought.

"Like y/n?" Scott asked, making me smile even harder.

"Yeah, exactly!" I yelled impressed. "Hey, how did you know I was talking about... about..." I said, not remembering what he had just said. "What was I talking about?" I said giggling. I looked over at Scott to see him with a sad face.

"Hey, you're not happy! Take a drink." I said, sitting up and handing him the bottle.

"I don't want any more." Scott said, making me look at him confused. "You're not drunk?" I asked. "I'm not anything." Scott said, staring blankly ahead of him.

"Hey, maybe it's like... maybe it's like not needing your inhaler anymore, you know? Maybe you can't get drunk as a wolf?" I said, laying back down, taking another sip. "Am I drunk?" I then asked, looking up at him. "You're wasted." Scott said, getting annoyed.

"Yeah!" I said, laughing hard. "Come on, dude. I know it feels bad. I know it hurts. I know...Well, I don't know. But I know this-- I know that as much as being broken up hurts, being alone is way worse. ...That didn't make any sense. I need a drink." I said, I was confusing myself at this point.

"Well, look at the two little bitches getting their drink on." A guy said, taking the bottle from out of my hands and taking a sip himself. That sobered me up a bit. "Give it back." Scott said, anger evident on his face.

"What's that, little man?" the guy said threatingly. "I think he wants a drink." The guy said to his friend, who laughed and nodded."I want the bottle." Scott said, getting angrier. "Scott, maybe we should just go..." I said nervously, not wanting Scott to get out of control.

"You brought me here to get drunk, Stiles. I'm not drunk yet." Scott said, standing up and walking towards the two guy's. "Give me the bottle. Give me the bottle of Jack." Scott said, growling the last part. The guy threw the bottle back at Scott and left rapidly with his friend.

"Scott?" I asked, he looked at me with a confused look. "Okay, please tell me that was because of the breakup... or 'cause tomorrow's the full moon..." I added, making him shrug his shoulders. "Going home now, yeah?" I said, guiding him back tot he car.