“I think you have to think about the reality of it all and maybe do it again?” that answer was met with a pain filled sob that cut Tilly to the core. “Look, you’ve never wanted anyone else, until now, maybe this is a sign that you’re finally ready to date again. Was he nice? Hell he must’ve been!” She answered her own question, “You’re not likely to be swayed by anyone less than devastating!”

 Kate shrugged, “he lives away, I won’t see him again. But now I have to face up to what I’ve done. And I don’t know how to start!”

Tilly stroked her hair, tucking her head into her shoulder and sighed, “I think you should start by admitting you’re only human, and like everyone else you’re not perfect. You feel you’ve let yourself down, what you had in the past. But you haven’t, you’re just normal! And that’s why I love you! Why we all do! Now wipe your tears and get this wine down your throat! And for God’s sake LIVE A LITTLE!”

Kate groaned dropping her head to her desk. That weekend was still so vivid in her mind, today it had been fired by an idea for the advertising campaign she was working on. A new Polish vodka, the advertising was looking to be a ‘Simple Over Ice’ slogan...and the last time she’d had one it’d been bought by Mason.

Sighing she sat back up and looked at her desk planner, tonight was her only free evening of the week and she was looking forward to a hot bath, and a long soak. She’s bought fresh pasta at lunchtime and a carton of fresh arrabiata sauce from her favourite little Italian deli. With the Chianti she knew was in the wine rack, she just needed to get home.

As she was packing up to leave her phone rang and she groaned at the sound of her boss needing a ‘latest update’, just as she was about to go home! A further hour later, and after a trip up to the management suite, she was at last pulling on her coat and heading out into the dull, dark and damp evening.

Kate had taken less than a dozen steps along the street in the direction of the nearest tube station when a voice, so unexpected, so out of place, floored her.

                “Wow! Do you have any idea how difficult you are to locate?”

Before she turned she knew who’d be standing in front of her, and she didn’t know how that made her feel...other than weak kneed, faint and most definitely sick!

Mason took a long moment to drink in the vision of Kate. She looked so different in her sensible trouser suit, business heals and long double breasted rain coat, hair tied neatly out of her eyes. But she had the same flare of passion, and probably anger as she looked down that elegant nose at him that he almost laughed out loud. Not a wise move at this delicate stage.

                “But now I’ve found you, I have to say you look well!” And she did look well. Since the moment he’d woken to an empty bed, ruing the fact he’d actually fallen asleep, he’d wanted to see her again. For some reason she’d haunted his dreams, both day and night, though in them all, she was a faceless brunette with long elegant curves and perfect breasts. Now that he had her face in front of him, he tried to etch her features into his memory, but knew that she was too complex to recall so easily. “And I’ll warn you, I have a LOT of questions!”