freedom

I smiled down at the, incredibly light, boy I held in my arms. He looked so peaceful....he deserved better than to be kidnapped and trapped here....speaking of being trapped here we haven't got out yet I guess it's a bit early to be thinking of the life this boy lived when we are still in danger. I looked around but I couldn't see any obvious way out except the door which has already been locked....but then I saw it....a window close to the ceiling of the basement but it's too far out of reach I can't even dream of climbing out without help, even if I could I would have to leave kokichi behind and I promised I would get him out....i promised....i would get him out.....i promised I would get HIM out.....okay....i have a plan. I gently set him down on the floor and dragged over the chair then I picked up the chair and swung it at the window. The window immediately shattered. glass shards rained down on kokichi which woke him up.

He stared at me with tierd, confused eyes before mouthing something that I couldn't make out "try whispering you should still be able to whisper" I suggested. Kokichi looked confused before whispering "what are you doing?" I forced a smile despite how sad I was to leave him and said "you.....we are getting out of here" I said before setting the chair down below the window, picking up kokichi and stepping on the chair. This is the perfect hight for kokichi to climb out of the window! "hey be careful don't drop me!" He whispered as I held him out to the window. He hesitated for a moment before grabbing onto the windowsill and climbing out of the window. Apparently he didn't realize what I was doing so he looked surprised when I stepped off of the chair and threw it aside "what the hell are you doing?! Whatever just grab on! Hurry I think i hear him" He said in a weird whisper yell as he held out his hand for me to grab. I lowered my head slowly "I'm too heavy" He looked at me with a terrified expression "i kept my promise didn't I? Now you have to go! Run As far as you can and never come back....i believe in you"

He got up and hesitated for a moment before running in the opposite direction of the house. I smiled as tears began streaming down my face....i only had one last thing to say "Goodbye kokichi....i wish you luck". A few minutes of nothing but crying went by and then the basement door opened "good morning you two!" Shuichi said....i could practically feel his bewildered look as he saw his previously tied up prisoner standing up, not to mention the fact that their was one less prisoner ".....good morning" I responded quietly, still facing the window. He grabbed my shoulders harshly and turned me around "YOU HELPED HIM ESCAPE!?" He yelled. I could hear both anger and fear in his voice...to be honest it scared me a little shuichi was never like this....then again I thought he would never kidnap someone and yet here we are "I see you've finally put two and two together"

"DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA WHAT YOU'VE JUST DONE!? YOU'VE RUINED EVERYTHING!" He screamed as he wrapped his hands around my neck and squeezed hard, slowly lifting me off the ground. It was getting harder to breathe by the second and I didn't know what to do I just looked into his eyes and all I saw was pure rage staring back "sh-sh.....u....i.....chi" I just barely managed to choke out as I reached my arm out to him "p....l.....ease"......he dropped me abruptly once he saw the flashing lights.....