exploration

~•|Kaede's point of view|•~

"Come in, I wasn't expecting to have a guest so I don't have a bedroom prepared for you....but i guess you can sleep on the couch for now" Shuichi explained nervously as he welcomed me inside of his surprising clean house. I expected this place to be a complete mess but everything was surprisingly clean,almost nothing out of place....then again he is friends with a maid who is probably over frequently "I was actually about to go to sleep when you arrived so I'm sorry if I seem a little tired" He explained softly with a yawn following directly after.

I slowly shook my head "no, no you don't need to apologize" I said once shuichi sat down on the black sofa. I'm glad to see that he hasn't changed that much from when we were kids, still as emo and nervous as I remember "I bet you've been saying up late trying to figure everything out and I'm sure kokichi appreciates the concern but you need sleep" I said softly in an almost motherly and melodic tone as I gently Pat him on the shoulder.

Shuichi looked at me with an exhausted and tired smile "I will stay up for a little longer then I'll go to bed okay?" Shuichi managed to mumble out "No...you say that you will go to bed but knowing you you'll end up staying up for five more hours, you have to go to sleep okay?" I insisted, trying to keep a friendly almost joking tone. Shuichi sighed as he gave in, getting up slowly and walking to his room "I guess you have a point kaede....im going to sleep....goodnight"

Once I heard the click of the door shut I knew I was alone in the room. I guess there is nothing to do except walk around a bit, I've never been inside of shuichi's new house before so this should be interesting. I decided to start with the basement because that's where all secrets are held right? I placed my hand on the cold golden doorknob and tried to open the door but it was jammed shut. Upon further inspection I saw that their was a lock on the door.....now I'm very curious what is shuichi hideing? Thankfully I saw the key attached to the upper right corner of the doorframe so all I had to do was get the key off of the door frame and open the door right? Well sadly the upper right corner of the doorframe was too tall for me to reach....maybe I could just ask shuichi if he will give it to me nicely?.....i remember the last time I asked to go to the basement

              ~ several years earlier ~
I was playing tag with shuichi when suddenly I was face to face with a door towering over me it looked omin- omimi....spooky it looked spooky and interesting "Hey shuichi I have a great idea!" I exclamed as I reached for the door knob "lets go into the basement and see if there's any ghost's down there!" I said with a smile. Shuichi looked down as he messed with the collar of his oversised turtleneck sweater "U-um....m-m-my parents f-forbid me from going into th-the basement under any c-circumstances....they s-say I'm not r-ready for what's i-inside" 'Not ready?'....maybe they are ghost busters and they don't want us to find out ooooor maybe it's a super secret underground candy store!

"Well....lets just go inside anyway" Shuichi pulled his hat down to cover his eyes and shifted nervously "b-but my parents d-dont really know that y-you're here a-a-and if they find out then i-i'll get all of the b-blame....and then I'll g-get grounded and I really don't want to get grounded...." I sighed heavily before deciding to forget about the door "tag! You're it!" I said as i gently tapped him on the chest and ran away "H-hey I wasn't r-ready!"
              ~ back to present day ~

Tiny shuichi was so cute....but anyway he'll probably have the same response if I asked him again....but without the stuttering of course. I let out a small yawn before looking towards the clock on the wall,just above the TV. It was midnight...i should probably get to sleep I'll worry about the basement tomorrow.