𝚂𝚎𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚖𝚋𝚎𝚛 𝟸𝟷, 𝟸𝟶𝟷𝟾

Hyunjin POV

I glanced at Jisung to make sure he was okay. Although we've been predicting this for over a month now, it hits different to see it happen.

Jisung's usually bright and happy face was a blank slate with absolutely no emotion. I sighed and squeezed his arm in reassurance. I looked back at Heather noona and Minho hyung, who were in each other's embrace, Minho hyung's lips resting on top of Heather noona's head.

"I love you." I heard him whisper to her, and I felt Jisung's body stiffened when he heard those words.

"Hey, you okay?" I asked softly. He grabbed my hand and tugged on it, as though he was a child. He looked up at me with desperate eyes filled with tears.

"Please... I wanna get out of here..." He pleaded. I nodded and squeezed his hand tightly. I gently pulled him through the crowded hall, trying my best to shield Jisung from the people in the hallway. We finally made it to the back of the school, and we sat down on the concrete stairs in front of the soccer field.

Jisung POV

I knew this was going to happen the moment Heather noona transferred to our school. The moment Minho hyung laid eyes on her, I knew it was over for me. Minho hyung will never feel the same way about me. Why would he like someone like me when there are people like Heather noona?

I let out a shaky sob, and Hyunjin simply rubbed tiny circles on my back with his hand as I cried.

"Do you want a hug?" Hyunjin asked. I nodded, and he wrapped his strong arms around me and I rested my head on his shoulder. "Do you want to skip school for the rest of the day? You should try to distract yourself."

I smiled weakly and wiped the tears from my eyes with my sleeve. "Sure."

He smiled. "I know a place."

--

"Seriously Hyunjin? An arcade?" I raised an eyebrow at the taller boy and he grinned.

"What? You said you didn't want to go anywhere that didn't have a lot of people since, you know..." Hyunjin trailed off and looked at me with puppy eyes.

"But how do we go in with our uniforms? They're gonna make us go back." I replied, refusing to give in to the puppy eyes.

Hyunjin smiled cheekily. "That's the best part. My friend works here so we get to play for free and he won't snitch on us for skipping school. I promise." Before I could respond, he dragged me into the empty arcade.

"Hey Hyunjin! How's it going? And here's a new face!" A blonde boy with a built body and dimples leaned over the counter. "What's your name mate?"

"His name's Jisung. Jisung, this is Chan. He's from Australia, and he produces the best music. All the music he plays here is self-produced by the famous CB97." My ears perked up at hearing that he had an interest in music.

"You produce music?" I asked quietly.

The older boy nodded sheepishly. "Yeah. I've recently gotten into songwriting as well. Why, do you have any lyrics I can work with?"

I nodded. "I like to write lyrics." I pulled out a notebook and slid it over the counter. Chan flipped through the pages and his eyes scanned the pages thoroughly.

"I gotta say, Jisung. You got talent." He said. I bowed my head shyly at the unexpected praise. "Do you wanna work with me sometime? I have another friend, his name's Changbin, and we've been producing and writing lyrics together for about 6 months now."

"I- really? Do you think I'm that good? Writing lyrics has been just a h-hobby of mine, I never..." I scratched the back of my neck nervously. "I'll think about it."

After exchanging phone numbers, Hyunjin and I began to play. From Pac-Man to Dance Dance Revolution, we played almost every game in the arcade. Hyunjin was right, I needed to get my mind off Minho hyung. As we ran around the empty building, competing to see who would get more tickets and laughing our asses off, I forgot about my surroundings. Even if it was just for a second, I felt relieved.

I felt happy.

I felt as though a burden had been lifted off my chest, and although it was temporary, I've never felt so free before in my life. I was glad I followed Hyunjin out to the arcade.

--

"Damn, that was so fun." Hyunjin collapsed on the couch next to me and I laughed. "What would you do without me?" He jokingly nudged me with his elbow and I smiled.

"Just hurry up and open the pizza box. I'm starving." I switched the TV on and flipped through the channels until I found something I liked and accepted a slice of hot cheese pizza from Hyunjin.

"You know," Hyunjin started. "I've been thinking of growing out my hair and dying it." A hand raked through his silky raven black hair that reached the back of his nape. "What do you think?"

I grinned. "Are you kidding? Go for it! Remember when you encouraged me to dye my hair blue and you actually helped me do it?"

He chuckled. "How could I forget? My hands were blue for an entire week. My younger brother thought I killed a smurf." I let out a snort and turned my focus back to the TV screen.

"Yeah, I think you should do it. What color do you want to dye it?"

"I wanna try blonde. Mr. Jeon is gonna have a fit."

"Pfft. Most likely."

still on my hiatus but this was pre-written pt. 2 lmao hope u liked it 

edit: hi i've been receiving a couple of comments calling chan their 'therapist' and 'daddy' so i'll be deleting those comments. chan isn't your therapist nor is he your "daddy" i get that it's a joke but it was from 2 years ago. chan is an artist who's just trying to make music, he isn't your therapist where you dump all your life problems on. if you need help, please do seek professional help instead of relying on a 23-year-old man.