𝙳𝚎𝚌𝚎𝚖𝚋𝚎𝚛 𝟶𝟹, 𝟸𝟶𝟶𝟽

'Why would you ever kiss me

I'm not even half as pretty...' 

Narrator POV

"Hyung." Jisung's eyes shone under the Christmas tree lights as the two boys hid under their pillow fort, waiting for Santa Claus although there were another 22 days before Christmas morning. Minho, Jisung's senior by only a year, looked at him.

"Yeah?"

The younger boy grinned wickedly. "You're 8 now, right?" Minho only nodded. "Then... how about another cup of hot cocoa? Mommy said if you're 8 you can drink as much hot cocoa as you want."

Minho ruffled Jisung's chocolate brown hair affectionately. "Dummy. Your mom only said that so you wouldn't drink too much hot cocoa."

Jisung pouted. "But I turn 8 next year and-"

"Shh!" The older boy shushed Jisung, and they both fell silent.

"I-is that Santa Claus?" He asked and Minho only shook his head, signaling him to be quiet. After a few minutes, Minho broke out into a grin.

"I guess that wasn't him."

Jisung sighed, disappointed, and rolled onto his back, staring at the ceiling. "Hyung. What does 'I love you' mean?"

Minho gawped at the younger male. "You don't know what it means?" Jisung shook his head.

"I really don't." Minho flipped onto his back, lying next to his best friend.

"Well... it's something you say to someone you really care about." Jisung turned to Minho.

"Like us?"

The older boy merely shrugged. "I guess so." Jisung nodded in understanding and the two boys fell back into comfortable silence once again.

"Hyung, I love you."

"... I love you too."

Jisung sat up. "Really?"

Minho nodded. "Hyung, you know, there's something my parents always do after saying 'I love you' to each other."

He cocked his head, confused. "What is it?"

The younger male stared at Minho's lips and he knew exactly what Jisung was talking about and sat up. "Are you sure?" Jisung nodded.

The two boys inched closer together, hesitant to make the first move. Minho finally gathered up all his courage and pressed his soft lips onto Jisung's.