14

^^Justin in MM

(Ace)

"Don't forget that you and Justin are going to pick your sister up from the airport after school today," mom reminds me wit a certain tone while she painted her nails.

"I know," I exhaled before taking another sip of my OJ.

"Ok. On a different note, how's Davanee? Is she ok? Does she have any new symptoms?" She asked almost sounding excited.

"Last time I checked, she was ok. And ion really know if she has any new symptoms cause she don't tell me..." I let her know wit a shrug at the end.

"She doesn't tell you? Or you don't care to ask?"

I looked over at her but before I could say anything, she changes the subject.

"By the way, how's your job search going?" She asked.

"Job search?" I was confused.

She finally looked up from her nails. "Yeah. Even though I decided not to cut you off completely, you're still going to need a job."

A while after the news broke that I got Davanee pregnant, my mom decided to 'forgive me'. So she didn't cut me off of her bank account, she juss limited me to two-hunnid a week.

"I know..."

"Good. I'd like to see you work," she got back to her nails. "Now go to school. And your sister's flight lands here at 4:45."

"Aight," I say before i put the empty glass in the sink and head out the door.

If you wondering why my moms can't go pick her daughter up from the airport herself, it's because she flying out in a couple hours to shoot some kinda anti-wrinkle cream commercial for L'Oréal or whatever the name is. I deadass thought her ass retired but she'll be back in a good 5 days.

Anyways, I hopped in my car and hit the gas station close by. After I filled my bitch up, I headed straight for Davanee's crib.

Hookin up my phone to my car, I vibed to some drill on my way.

But when I finally pulled up, I turned the music completely off simply cause I know Davanee don't like when I'm listen to drill cause its "too violent

But when I finally pulled up, I turned the music completely off simply cause I know Davanee don't like when I'm listen to drill cause its "too violent."

Me: I'm outside...hurry up

Nee🫀: Ok, I just have to put my shoes on

A good five minutes after, she came out the building in a hoodie and some jeans wit 1s on her feet.

"Good morning," she smiled at me as she got in her designated passenger seat.

"Wassup," I say. "Where you wanna get breakfast today?"

She lets out a breath. "Anywhere's fine."