Different

Requested by: Me

Pairing: No pairing

Word Count: 941 words

Warning: This is really odd, all things considered. There's no paring in this, it's just an idea I had. It doesn't make much sense but it's not meant to.

-

The world swirled as a summer eves dress in the wind, it came forth as the shades of his eyes. Shapes broke down and became a figment of your imagination, everything blending together like an oversaturated picture.

The voice in the cavity of a head was saying "This is wrong" or "The world's not supposed to be like this", but multicolored eyes looked onward in boredom. The world was lame anyway, so what if this wasn't normal, it was pretty cool to watch.

Was this what people called a psychedelic picture? The way things looked like they didn't belong then did the next second. The colors bleed into one another, creating new shapes and creatures, one of these deciding the 2D world wasn't enough for them.

A strange almost dragonic shape slid out of the colored mess, it's body disfigured in every way, looking as if someone had forcefully bent a human being into a dragon. Its body was bloody and forlorn, uneven eyes looking around like a mad man.

It looked sad, but that wasn't new, was it?

Those eyes gained height as their owner stood tall, rain falling as the sky cried in anguish. Or was it going up? It didn't matter though, water was water no matter the direction it fell and the crying wouldn't cease.

The thing was slipping back into the now muddled background, those once vibrant colors and not-shapes were now dreary, a metaphor of sadness before the eyes of depression itself. The color looked as if it had been sucked out of the world around them and shoved soul deep into the very eyes looking on, but those eyes shown in colors, not emotions.

It was like poetry gone wrong, the meaning sitting right out of reach and you're doing your damndest to grasp it but you just can't seem to understand and because of that all of the color left the words in the wind and found themself in the eyes of the speaker, desperate for translation.

These words were clear and in few, colored in reds and pinks, shades of green and blue, and the occasional purple. The eyes weren't sad or angry, happy nor content, these eyes were blanketed with a layer of suspicion and regret, but those were deep-lying and not meant to be found.

The words of an apology were whispered to the wind, only the clouds as witnesses, but that was enough. Water seeped through every pore of those colored eyes, tears falling through forests of freckles and scars to find home in the cotton of a shirt.

Blood soon came after, trailing a similar path to find home in the cotton, only to seep through and staining ablaster skin beneath. Gems and jewels glittered in the moonlight, more expressive than the eyes owning them.

Another spout of rain fell, ruining the hair upon those eyes, to which they twitched, the colors seeping out like those tears, staining the walls before them once again.

The world was full of light and love and this humanoid being was leeching it like a man to water, the colors dulling even more than before.

Boot clad feet carried north, clunking through snow only to never feel the cold. It was windy but pale skin never grew rosey in vain attempts to get warmer, dead skin never feeling the winter air.

The world around them shown in a blank slate, a moving picture of black and whites, the only true color coming from the bloody nose dripping onto the cracked pavement below it.

Fire shown through the darkness, a light coming into existant only to be used to light a cigarette, smoke spilling out. None of this made sense, the sky was turning green, the grass turning red, and the water was all brown, but that was fine.

Eyes, brighter than before, cried in relief as the word slowly changed, the delta of life coming into vision. The world was different, but some things are meant to change.

But other things weren't, and as the wind continued to howl irritation leeched into the air. Annoyance was high, pale eyes twitching as the noise grew ever louder. But there was no helping it, the world was its own and could do as it pleased, some measly human wouldn't be stopping it.

Those pale eyes wished, truely and surly, that they could, that they could change the world, but that was an effort not to be put in until a prize was in sight. The roar of a machine came from behind, the noise shattering the ever crafted silence. Those eyes, those pale ones that belonged in the snow more than on a person, glanced behind themselves to find that the machine was a truck, heavy and loud and dragging along a cooling trailer.

It was some kind of Alcohol, a scandalous woman laying on the side in a 2D form. The woman, while looking like your average school ground whore, was beautiful, most likely someone that had wanted to make it big in California, only be shot down and taken up a lower grade job, such as what looked to underwear modeling.

A deep breath, a sigh, brought a cloud of into life, a small reign of fog only to disappear in seconds. The sky was darkening, the moon creeping over the horizon, night overcoming day to shroud the world a veil of darkness.