A Fateful Meeting

[I'm so sorry I've been gone so long, schools kicking my ass right now! I am working on requests, I'll be able to get more out soon, I'm so sorry and thank you for your patients!]

Pairings: Romeo x Juliet

Word Count: 2,989

Warnings: Short Story, not a One Shot. Uhh I wrote this 3 years ago, it was technically for an assignment but I kinda went off. It kinda talks about Yandere themes and kinda Serial killer stuff so careful there. I've been working on a sort of part 2 so if you like this let me know.

-

Tragedy, a word to describe great loss, sadness, a mix of the two. The life of Juliet was considered a tragedy, and it held every right to be called that.

Juliet Capulet, the only child of Lord Capulet, a young woman held in high regard, died far too young for anyone to be comfortable with the number.

Young Juliet was a love-struck fool, falling hard and fast, within the time scale of around 5 days, but she had loved him, she had loved Romeo Montague.

Young Juliet's love was her downfall, her utter and complete trust in Romeo became her undoing.

Our story starts at a party, a place of mirth and mischief, the place of Juliet's believed salvation and Romeo's new fixation.

-

The party was in full swing, people mingling and dancing, servers bustling around, all talking louder than civilly welcome. All of it had been planned out perfectly, everything was wondrous, the weather was without fault, the music was superb, but there was one piece missing, one-piece meant for the world to watch in wonder. Juliet sat up in her room, watching herself in the mirror on her vanity. The music that filtered from rooms away was still quite loud, none of it what she enjoyed, she could see the appeal of it, but not tonight.

It didn't matter what her Father or Mother, or Paris for the matter said, tonight was dreadful, everything wrong in feeling and aesthetics. Her mother had chosen the dressing she would wear, the large garment sitting in the back of the equally large closet within her possession, but it wasn't something Juliet wanted to wear, let alone look at.

Large, poofy, covered in many layers, and an atrocious shade of pink Juliet had promptly thrown it into the back of her closet once her Mother was out of sight. Sadly it was still there. It was like an insistent ich, always in the back of your mind no matter how much you try to ignore it, but Juliet had a backup plan.

Granted, it wasn't a good back up plan, but she had one, so she was doing better than most people. With a sigh that was most definitely not ladylike, Juliet got up, grabbing the dress her Maid had set out earlier at the revelation of the hideous pink monstrosity taking up the majority of the closet.

This one was a pale blue with white flowers decorating it, it wasn't flashy, it wasn't eye-catching, but it was beautiful in a simplistic way, a way that appealed to Juliet more than the other one. Without anyone she truly felt she needed to impress Juliet left her face bare of makeup, leaving her hair to fall over her shoulders in unkempt waves.

She didn't look important, she didn't look like someone born under a Lord, but that was what she wanted, she didn't wish to be noticed tonight. Parties were something she dreaded, but her mother loved them, so there were always many gone and done and others planned for the future within a month's time.

The closer she got to the main ballroom the louder everything became, the more the sound grated on her nerves, the more she wished to disappear and never look back on the estate she called home. People welcomed her warmly as she walked through the crowds, hands patting her back, mouths kissing the backs of her hands, false pleasantries passing from person to person.