6. Fights and lines

Something happened that day. A thin line appeared between them. A line that will determine their relationships future.

" Out of everyon, it was Leonhardt! What the hell mikasa!" Eren fumed. When did his sister become so.. secretive.

" Eren, she's not a bad person..she's just misunderstood.." mikasa tried hopelessly to defend the girl.

Mrs. Yeager observed the fight from the kitchen. She didn't know whether to stop it or let the siblings resolve it on their own. After all, they were high schoolers.

" mikasa do you realize your talking about Annie leonhardt?!? The most dangerous student in our school! You've only knew her for what? 2 days?!"

" She's not dangerous, she gets good grades and only gets in trouble for being late and skipping!"
Now mikasa was angry. Eren had no right to talk about Annie in anyway. He had no interaction or business with the blonde.

"So your just going to let her beat the fuck out of your boyfriend! She's a social reject with no respect for anyone! She's deserves to be mis fucking understood!"

Mikasa face went blank. Unspeakable anger filled the teen to the brim. Was this truly her brother right now?
Mikasa felt pain in her left chest. As if her heart broke right then in there.

" Eren, Language! Go to your room right now!"
Eren shook his head in anger, and thundered to his room. Mikasa turned to her room aswell but Carla stopped her.

" mikasa, I don't know who his person is but-"

"Carla please, Annie isn't a threat I promise."
Mikasa voice was shaky, tears where settled in her eyes.

Mikasa body relaxed, as familiar arms wrapped around the troubled girl. The embrace held words and expressions that only a mother could express.

"I watched you two from the kitchen window.." Carla started. Soothing her step daughter raging emotions.

"You what-?!!"

"Shh...but I've never seen you so happy..she's makes you happy.. doesn't she.."

With Annie, mikasa felt as if anything was possible. With Annie, mikasa felt It'd be fun no matter what. With Annie, mikasa felt safe.
The blonde had an effect on mikasa, a weird one truly.

"Yes.. she makes me so happy.."

"Then it's settled. I will support you no matter what. Just break up with Jean. Don't cheat."

Mikasa eyes went wide as she removed her self from her step mothers embrace.

" wait! I don't like her! Not like that! I just appreciate her company..."

Carla looked at her. For a while actually.
The mother knew something. Something that mikasa will soon know too.

She was just oblivious.
_______________________

Annie took a deep breath. Her shaky hands wrapped around the bronze door handle of the old mansion like house.
It was 10 o'clock. She was late. Too late.

She slowly opened the door. Cursing her self after it made a small creaky noise.

The only she saw on the ground was her father clean, polished shoes. He was home.

The kitchen light was on, illuminating the slim
Mans surroundings. He stood there leaning on the wall. Waiting for his daughter.
His face was blank. But Annie knew better, she knew her father was mad.

" where were you." The mans voice pieced knifes into the teen.

" forgive me father." The daughter, now reduced to a small saddened girl. Only found interest in the father shoes, not his pale blue eyes.

" Dont joke around with me fool! I give you a car and you go an use it to fancy around with people?!" His voice risen.

And so did Annie's head once she heard her fathers heavy feet, moving.

He grabbed her collar roughly, pulling the girl to the living room. There where he threw her on the ground, muttering silent insults.

Although this time, he didn't grab his old leather belt, but instead a glass vase that stood on the coffee table near him.

"When will you ever learn, bitch!"

Once again, Annie's eyes flashed with fear. How long could she put up with this?
Maybe there's another way to ending all this suffering....

The last moments of her father's brutality were a blur to Annie. To later on the living room floor, glass and blood around her.

Never in her life would she have such... gruesome thoughts. Thoughts about... ending it.

The words that came out of her fathers mouths,

" I'm leaving tomorrow."

__________________________
Sorry it's short