Chapter 13: Hurts like Hell

A/N: not me posting a day early. Surprises are fun ;)

You stretched your body out the length of the bed, feeling the soreness in your muscles after a full night's sleep following what was arguably the craziest sex of your life. Blinking your eyes open and turning your head to the side, you saw Charlie's figure lying next to you on his back with the sheet resting loosely at his waist.

Hot damn.

You quietly turned to your side and propped your head upon your arm, watching him in his peaceful slumber. His chest swelling with each slow and steady breath he took, his raven locks falling chaotically around his face, his large hand, wrapped in bandages lazily resting on his lower abdomen.

He was beautiful.

You bit your lip, considering how you wanted to wake him. A blowjob? Or breakfast? You recalled how you offered to make dinner last night but never had the opportunity due to ...well, getting fucked like the fuck doll you are. Time to prove him wrong.

Breakfast, it is.

You slowly slipped out of the bed, tip-toeing across the floor. You realized Charlie had already swept up the broken glass from last night. He must have done it after you fell asleep, which wasn't much longer after your shower since you were exhausted.

You grabbed one of his button-up shirts that you found draped over an ottoman and put it on. It was large enough to cover your frame, resting just a few inches below your hips. Quiet as a mouse, you left the bedroom and made your way downstairs to the kitchen.

Searching in random cabinets and drawers, you found the basics to begin. Based on what Charlie had in his fridge, you were able to pull together enough ingredients to make a pretty decadent quiche. You wanted to impress him with something more than just scrambled eggs to show off your cooking skills for the first time.

Before you started, you brewed a nice big pot of coffee using the expensive roast that Charlie kept in a sealed container. The aroma quickly filled the kitchen as you prepared what you needed to get started.

You began by making the crust from scratch and once ready, you placed it to the side. You worked on the filling next as you let your mind wander freely to everything that happened last night. You fell into a daze remembering how you surrendered so much of yourself to Charlie, unlike you've ever done with anyone. The amount of trust you instilled in him astonished you considering you weren't in a defined relationship and still didn't know him very well beyond the surface. Yet here you are, in his kitchen, wearing his shirt, making breakfast as if you were some kind of girlfriend.

Unbeknownst to you, Charlie was watching from the kitchen doorway as your back was turned to him. He leaned against the frame, arms crossed with a slight grin on his face. You placed the pie crust down in the pan and began pouring the filling in.

"Looks amazing."

Your heart jumped from the unexpected deep voice that came from the other side of the kitchen. You finished your task and turned around, greeting him with a smile.

"It's my own recipe," you answered back.

Charlie proceeded to walk towards you, eyes scanning you up and down. "I can't wait to eat it."

He wrapped his arms around your frame, placing a kiss on your forehead. He was so tall that a hug from him put you face to face with his chest, pressing your ear against his solid pecs and up against his heartbeat.

Which appeared to be racing, so you noticed, much like yours.

You both held each other for a long, silent minute, feeling yourselves breathe in and out as you softly caressed one another.