Chapter 7

***

Few days after

I slowly followed Barbatos as head to the House of Lamentation. He said I was staying there for five days and come back to the Purgatory Hall afterwards.

"Have you brought everything you need, Ms. (Y/N)?" he said.

"Yeah, I did. And forget the formalities," I said.

"Okay, then."

We finally reached our destination in silence. Barbatos told me to get in on my own as I said good bye. I opened the door, seeing nobody inside. 'So this ain't scary as people say, huh,' I thought.

"What? You're already here?" a voice echoed in the hallway.

"Oh, Satan. You scared me there," I turned around seeing Satan holding a book.

"Yeah, sorry about that," Satan said, "The others aren't here so Lucifer," he grunted, "Told me to wait for you and have yourself enjoy around here."

"Uhh, thanks about that. Where did they go anyways?" I asked.

"I dunno. They didn't even mind to tell me, at least," he looked down and went back to stare at me, "You want to come into my room?"

I shrugged, "Well, okay."

---

I dropped my bag outside and went in seeing a ton of books everywhere.

"Sorry, if it's a little messy," he got a book from a bookshelf near his bed and sat down.

"No, no it's fine! My bed used to look like this before I came to Devildom," I said while picking up a book that caught my eye. 'The Tale of the Seven Lords' it said on the cover. I wiped the dust with my sleeve.

"You interested in that?" he said.

"I dunno. What's it about?" I asked.

"It's about this protagonist, Henry, helping the seven lords. The oldest is the Lord of Corruption, then the Lord of Fools, then the Lord of Shadow, then the Lord of Masks and so on. You can take it if you want to read it. Make sure to return it, alright," he went back to reading as I sat down on the floor reading the first volume.

---

"Hey, (Y/N). Wake up already. They're about to arrive. I'll show you where your room is," Satan nudged me as I slowly opened my eyes.

  I only finished until the fifth volume and started snoozing in where I was sleeping. I stood up and went out with Satan and picked up my bag then followed him. The entire house wasn't as large and too extravagant as the Devil Lord's Castle. Satan opened a door beside the kitchen.

"Here's your temporary room for now," Satan pushed me into my new room, "If you need anything, come and ask me, okay?" before I could answer, he had already shut the door in front of me.

  I looked at the room behind me and explored it. It wasn't even as big as the guest room back in the Devil Lord's Castle. It was simple and normal. I sat down and took my notebook and started sketching some few designs for my art project in my club. I sighed in relief. 'For the first time, I'm actually enjoying my life here.'

***

(A/N): Sorry if this is a bit long than usual lololol. Anyway, hope yall enjoyed!  :DD