Chapter 1

***

"Bye-bye, Mina-chan!" I said to my friend

"You too!" she ran across the corridor leaving me behind.

  I cautiously turned back at strode around the garden so I can finish my project that's due next week. 'Man, this place is hella wonderful' I say to myself.

"Oh my gosh! Is that her?? I heard she's one of those lame humans that arrived the other week."

"Really? It's her?? To be honest she looks kinda yummy!"

"We'll feast on her before Beelzebub does.

  As I continuously brainstormed and doodled in my notebook, ignoring those pathetic demons behind me, a shadow fell upon where I was sitting.

"Hmm...by any chance, are you (L/N) (F/N)?" a dark-green-haired boy approached me.

"Oh, me? Uhh, yeah that's definitely me..." I said as I looked at him.

"I apologize for interrupting you, but would you follow me to the Demon Lord's Castle. Oh, and by the way, I am Barbatos, Lord Diavolo's loyal servant."

'Diavolo?! What does he have to do with me??' I quietly thought and nodded at Barbatos. I picked up my things and followed him and eyeing his appearance. 'At one point, he definitely looks like an actual butler than a servant...' I thought.

"I heard you're one of the humans here, aren't you? Rumors about a girl have spread like a wildfire," Barbatos said as he broke the silence. "Mmm, yeah. It's weird that once I arrived, rumors yelled back at me that I have a special ability, even though I'm just an ordinary human. They even said they knew because of my 'strong aura'. Next, was the fact I made a pact with Mammon. And now? They're making me look like a walking meal," I sighed at him.

Barbatos laughed at me, "It's alright you don't even need to worry about that. If they did, it would cause a lot of trouble."

"Well...that might be true," I replied

"And we're here," he said as I bumped at him 'cause I was looking down.

I looked up and admired the Demon Lord's castle in front of me.

"I will lead you first to the waiting room since Lord Diavolo has an appointment at this hour," he went forward and opened the door for me, "I bet you're really excited to get in."

***

(A/N): I don't know whether this chapter is kinda short or long but I guess you might have enjoyed that. Lmao that last cliffhanger up there. Anyways, I might publish 4 chapters rn 'cause it's my free time right now. I better prepare my coffee :DD. Lol i might even make 6 chapters.