t h r e e

chapter 3

─•~❉᯽❉~•─
blonde ravenclaw
─•~❉᯽❉~•─

Marlene was sitting across from the twins at dinner, mouth agape and eyes staring unbelievably at the food swapping taking place in front of her.

Remus was chewing a bite of his sandwich while plopping mashed potatoes onto his sister's plate. Faeryn was gulping down her pumpkin juice while moving everything around on Remus's plate to make room for the scoop of green beans she was about to give him. She made sure none of the food touched, he hated it when his food touched.

Faeryn set down her cup and wiped her mouth with the back of her hand, clearing the small mustache that formed above her lip due to the drops of her drink that strayed away from her mouth. She reached for the sugar packet and tore it open using her teeth, and poured it into Remus's tea. She reached for a Lemon slice and squeezed 6 drops onto his drink, precisely 6. She sucked the rest out of the lemon and dropped it onto her plate lazily.

The twins continued to aid each other with their meals while exchanging no words at all. Faeryn would notice the residue of the green beans edging toward the sandwich on his plate and would swiftly move it away. Remus would notice a few drops from the lemon accumulating on her plate, he would tap it to alert her that there was still juice remaining. She would pick it up and suck the rest out without question.

"What the fuck?" Marlene exclaimed, looking around at her friends to see if anyone had the same reaction as her. The twins looked up at her, acting as if they were doing nothing out of the unusual.

"That's so creepy!" she said with a grin.

"What?" Faeryn asked, she wiped her mouth again, suddenly self-conscious at the thought of still having pumpkin juice on her mouth.

"You guys just- you guys just made each other's dinners without even talking!" she said exasperated.

Sirius chuckled and covered it up with a cough, clearing his throat he said, "Yeah, they do that."

She blinked unbelievably at him, "No! I would have noticed!" she said.

"Sorry Marls, but you can sometimes be very oblivious," Faeryn said with a smile.

She scoffed before laughed, "Twins are creepy," she said under her breath.

James was sat to Remus's left, he snorted at Peter, who was choking on his food, with tears running down his face.

James was laughing as he looked to his right to see Remus's reaction, but the latter didn't see what was playing out in front of him. James absentmindedly nudged his arm with his shoulder, unknowingly hitting the giant gash from the full moon a few days prior.

Remus hissed at the contact, he screwed his eyes shut. They popped open in worry when he heard a strangled "fuck" to his right and heard the clattering of a cup hitting the table.

Faeryn grumbled and frantically tried to pull the cup up the right way, trying to prevent any more of her drink from spilling onto the table.

Remus quietly waved his wand and cleaned the mess from the table, he flashed her a grin.

"Sorry," she mumbled downing the little liquid remaining in her cup. Remus furrowed his eyebrows.

"Don't be sorry, it's my fault," he said quietly, to prevent nosy ears from hearing.

Faeryn rolled her eyes, "No, it's mine for spilling the drink."

They were having a hushed argument, both visibly growing more frustrated with the other as the conversation became more heated.