4: The Hardest Part

I know you want action! It's coming! I promise! But I had to write this! Hope you like it! If you've ever had to say goodbye to a friend... well... maybe you'll get identified with this...

-::/\::-

I drag my feet as I walk.
As much as I want to scape, leaving all your life behind is not that easy.

I slowly enter to the med bay and see Knockout standing in front of the table, checking his tools.

This is the hardest part.

"Hey KO" I softly say. He turns his face to look at me.

"Sky, you know..." he starts. "Placing Laserbeak there was easier than taking it away!"
I smile.

"Oooh but come on! You can't tell me you didn't have fun! Did you see Breakdown's face?!"
He laughs.

"Okay, it was really funny actually" he says. "By the way... where were you while I helped with... the little trouble you started?"
I look at him and smile evilly. He turns and gives a step forward.
"Oh no, what did you do to him?" He smiles.

"Let's just say he's probably coming to ask you for paint remover"

"You're crazy"

"I know!You should have seen it Knockout! It was AWESOME!" I say sitting on the berth.

"I can imagine, did you record it?" He asks.

"Oh yes I did" I smirk, patting the little camera hung on my waist, next to my grenades.

"You gotta get me a copy" he says.

"You can be sure I will" I smile, but then my smile slowly fades away.

"What's wrong?" He asks, walking towards me.

"Nothing, it's just... I... I wanted to thank you" I look up at him.

"Thank me? For what?"

"For everything" I stand up. He smiles, nobody says 'thanks' at the Nemesis, I mean, they're Decepticons and they don't care about that but Knockout does, and he appreciates it.
I step forward and hug him tightly.
He wraps his arms around me and hugs me back.

"Thank you too" he says.

"For what?"

"For your friendship"

No KO, you're making it harder... I just want to cry so much.
I wish I could just tell him: Knockout, I'm going away, I'm escaping from the Nemesis because I don't belong here, but I'm gonna miss you and I wanted you to know you're the best, thanks for everything...
But I can't.
Not because I don't trust him, but because I know he's not going to let me go.

"Knockout?"

"Yes?"

"Would you forgive me?"

"If you did what?"

"I don't know... I mean... would you forgive if I did something you don't like?"

"You've done plenty of that"

"So...?"

"Of course I would! You're my best femme friend!"

I squeeze him harder.

"Hey Sky, you're gonna kill me"
I laugh softly and step back.

"Sorry" I say.
He looks at himself.
"No, I didn't scratch you" I say, laughing. "it was just a hug Knockout"

"I know" then he takes my neck and traps it between his arm and his body, and starts rubbing my helm with his fist.

"Nooooooo!!" I say, laughing and squirming, trying to get out from his grip.

"Knockout!" Starscream's voice fills the room. KO stops rubbing my head but doesn't let me go "Where is the paint remover?!"
A weird squeak comes from my mouth as I try to hold my laugh.

"I don't know, I'll search for it" he says, half irritated half amused.

"Make it quick!!"
Then he goes silent.
I clear my throat.

"Can you free me now?" I ask.

"Oh sure"
I stand up straight and look at him. I smile.

"I'm gonna miss you"

"What are you talking about? I'll just get him the paint remover, and if I have to do anything else, I'll see you later"

"Sure..."

"Well, I gotta start looking"
I smile.

"Okay... I'll go with Soundwave..."

"Sure, hope he doesn't kill you"

"Me too!" I laugh.
I turn and walk to the exit. I bite my lip.
"Goodbye Knockout"

-)././.(-

I knock the door gently.
It slides open.

"Hi Sounders"

He keeps watching the computers he's working with. I walk towards him and stop at his side.

"I... I'm sorry if it really made you mad the Laserbeak thing.." I say.
He turns his face to me and places a hand on my shoulder.
I smile, well, it's more like a weird grin.
"I.. I need to talk to you..." I say.

He turns completely and stares at me, waiting.

"You... you know..." I sigh. "you know I don't belong here. I never have... so..." I take a deep breath.
"I'm leaving, Soundwave"

For the first time in a long time, I see him show an emotion.
He steps back in astonishment. Then he shakes his helm.

"This is not where I'm meant to be... I just... don't belong and... I want to be free..." I continue. "I've been hidden from the universe my entire life... it's time to show up... it's time to live... it's time to jump"
I look up at him.
"I can't stay here forever... You know that... but... I can't do this by myself... I-I'm not telling you to actually help me escape...I'm just asking you not to stop me and... that no one else finds out, because... well, you can see almost everything around here so... I need you" I say. "Because I trust you"
He just stares at me but then repeats my voice.

"I'm not telling you to help me....just asking you not to stop me"

"Thank you Sounders"
Then, he makes something I never thought he would do.

He hugs me first.