34: THE ONLY REASON

t's a classic trope of mob movies rich, the high-rolling gangster takes the small-town kid under his wing small-town kid is ushered into an intoxicating but dangerous life of crime.

∆•∆

"Wake up," i said tossing Cherry her clothes "can't we just lay here a little bit longer"

"As you maybe not have noticed but I'm not even in bed I'm over here putting on my shoes, i have to head out and meet up with my family."

"Can't those Serpent's wait?"

"Not that family my real family I'll see you around" i said kissing her forehead "then why did you wake me up if you were leaving?"

"Because it's almost noon and you need to be up" i said closing the door behind her and heading down that stairs "you're still here" i heard a voice said looking back i saw Penelope "yeah okay whatever" i said about to head out but turned back around walking towards Penelope "by the way i would advise you not to go in your daughter room, you might fall in a puddle, she's a squirter," i said grabbing a piece of pancake and bacon heading out the door Mary was waiting for me. "About time?"

"Sorry, where are we heading to again"

"Ronnie's she invited us to something I'm not even sure what it is she just wants us to be there" i nodded taking off my shoes and looking in the back. "What are you looking for?" Mary asked glancing back at me then at the road "my clothes, i always keep a bag of clothes in ever vehicle we have just in case something happens" i replied reaching under the seat and grabbing it. "Will be there in 2 minutes hurry-up," Mary said and i crawled to the back but not before i hit Mary's head with my foot.

"Ow you ass, you did that on purpose"

"Prove it" i said hitting the back of her head with my shirt. Taking off my pants she slammed on the break and i went forward "yellow light" she said "yellow light doesn't mean stop it means speed up your ass" i said sitting back up and changing my panties and pants and finally changing my shirt"

"Where here?" Mary said turning off the truck and looking back at me "ready?" i nodded opening the door and hopping out the back heading towards Pembrook.

"Hello Mr. S" i said opening the doors "Hello Mel and i see you brought your sister hello Mary" he said as i walked over and gave him a hug before taking the elevator upstairs. Knocking on the door Hermione answer "Mel?" she looked confused and shocked "Vee we're here" i said pushing past Hermione and into the living room.

"What did we walk ourselves into?" Mary asked looking around and walking further in "Usually, it happens when you're 12 or 13, but my parents wanted the same monsignor who baptized me, Monsignor Murphy, he's a friend of the family, to confirm me, as well." Vee said talking to Archie.

Archie asked Vee a question and she responded "During the ceremony, Monsignor will ask me to renounce Satan"

"Which, of course, you will unlike Mel here," Mary said looking over at me "I'm not the one dating a girl"

"But you're the one that slept with more than one"

"You did too" i replied to her smirking and she shoved me laughing. We spent half the morning with Vee trying to find the perfect dress for us and then the other half of the morning trying to avoid wearing these dresses to our dismay it didn't go our way.

"I'm volunteering at a soup kitchen if you'd care to join me." Vee said and i looked up at her then over at Mary "not me, i have to go see a few people but I'll be back later Mary you can keep the truck Juggie's going to pick me up" i said grabbing my dress and heading towards the door. "I'll walk you out" i heard Hermione said and i rolled my eyes "no thank you"