Chapter 27: confrontation

Börja om från början

Shinso began to feel uncomfortable from being yelled at by someone he wasn't even close to. He avoided her angry glare until she sighed.

"Listen, I lost the privilege to even be her friend when I turned my back on her, but I can tell when she's beginning to doubt herself again," she explained, "You need to comfort her."

The purple haired boy nodded slowly and slowly pulled out his phone from his pocket, "Let me text h-"

"ABSOLUTELY NOT!" Uraraka snatched his phone from his hand, "Talk to her in person unless you want to be thrown off the building."

He shrugged, "Honestly, please do."

"I- you know what?" she grumbled adorably, "Just go talk to her after school or something."

I was still sitting on the ladder processing the conversation they had when I heard footsteps coming from the roof where they stood.

"Crap," I whispered under my breath as I panicked and hastily climbed down the ladder, and before they could see me, I leaped off the roof.

The air hitting my face felt refreshing while free falling down the side of the U.A school building.

Personally, I want to visit Switzerland once before I die, so I sprouted my wings and let them safely carry me in the breeze higher and higher into the clouds.

The windows of the main school building shimmered under the warm gaze of the sun which was nice in contrast to the cold wind hitting my face. The clouds that had sunk low enough for me to feel them, tickled my wings and made me giggle softly. The sky remained a solid vibrant blue for miles and many birds were surprised to see me flying at the same level as them.

From high in the sky, I could see a few students that had decided to eat lunch outside, head inside, so I guessed that it was time for me to get my head out of the clouds. And no, clouds don't taste good.

I took a deep breath and dove.

As adrenaline coursed through my veins and I plummeted closer and closer to the ground, my mind was strangely clear. Even though the wind whistled in my ears and my eyes stung, I felt serene, like the world had gone silent and all that was left was my problem and my solution.

In one big, fluid motion right before I hit the concrete, I stopped myself from face planting into dirty cement and gently hit the ground like a feather.

Then, of course, I ran like a mad man to get to class on time.

< time skip bc im a lazy piece of s h i t >

After long, daunting hours of school that felt like a million years, I made my way back home with Uncle Aiza and Dad as I listened to their usual banter that ended every time I brought up that both of them weren't married yet.

"Ponyo... I didn't know you wanted a mom..." Dad sniffled while Uncle Aiza have him a weird look, "Do you want a mom? I can go get you a mom?"

I stared at him through the rear view mirror and snorted, "Dad, we already have Uncle Aiza living with us, so I don't see a reason for a mom."

"Was I just compared to a mom?" Auncle Azia grumbled from the passenger seat.

I shook my head, "Of course not! That would be me conforming to heteronormative gender roles that harm modern society by placing those-"

"Okay, Katherine, I get it."

I chuckled, "It feels like I have two parents, so it's not that bad."

The two men froze and looked at the smiling girl in the back seat. I could tell exactly what they were thinking and cackled, "You guys are so dramatic."