chapter 28 / Sabo

Ace's POV

I had fallen asleep in the sweet and warm embrace with the bestest friend I currently had in the world. (Outch I know)
However my awaking was not as idyllic as expected.

"Guys it's a bear! Let's have bear meat tonight!"

"Sounds good I was just about to get hungry."

"Me too!"

"Pft, you guys are always hungry."

"Shishishishishi exactly so let's go!"

"Hold up Luffy, Ace you know exactly what happened the last time we tried to hunt a bear."

What the h*ll these voices sound to familiar.
Furrowing my brows I concentrated on the conversation that was held somewhere near by.

"Pah, that was only because of that weak dumb*ss. If Luffy hadn't gomu gomu no rocketed his ass into the wrong direction we would have beat it."

"Hey who are you calling weak?!?"

"You of course. Or do you see another person around who can't even throw their punches in the right direction?"

"Aaaaaceeeee!"

"Guys calm down. You'll alert the bear."

"Nooo my food."

"Let's go it can't be far! And Luffy you better not test out any new moves today."

It can't be... I've got to be dreaming.
Surprised I opened my eyes. Those where the child voices of Sabo, Luffy and me???
However as soon as I had opened my eyes I immediately closed them again.
Bad dream, nope. Please I want to dream something else. Or wake up. Anything is fine just please get me out of here.
I shuddered trying to forget the fearsome picture that had been burned into my sight.
It was something that would even make the greatest, strongest monsters turn tail and run.
Carefully I opened one my eyes to check if my prayers had been heard yet. But to my dismay they hadn't. In fact the sight was even scarier.

"PORTGAS D ACE."

The normally so beautiful voice growled, sending shivers down my spine.
I gulped as I processed the picture before me. Y/N was huge, her enormous hands having me in a deadly grasp whilst a dark aura seemed to be radiating from her.
(*Screeeeech!*)
Panicking I flapped my wings trying to escape what would surely be my last moments on earth.
Noooo, I haven't seen Luffy yet. I'm not ready to die!!!
Wait what is this? Where are my arms? Why do I have wings???

"Idiot be quiet."

Immediately I shut my mouth, well actually it was my beak and tried to calm down my wildly beating heart.
When did I become such a scaredy-cat? Thankfully Marco and the boys can't see me right now. They would never let me forget this. Some women are just scary...
Huh?
My thoughts trailed off as Y/N held shut my beak and hid behind a tree pressing me tightly to her chest.
I blushed.
She may be scary but... No no no Ace stop right there. She is you're friend and saviour and not some random chick to drool over. One does not fall for nakama. Although she is...

"Guys I can't find any tracks. I think we lost it."

"Nooooooo my food!!! Bear come back! Bear, Bear where are you???"

"Well if it was anywhere near by, you idiot will have definitely scared it off now."

It's those voices again. I was so preoccupied with Y/N that I had totally forgotten about them. Is it really Luffy, Sabo and me? No that can't be possible, right? Sabo- I have to try and take a peek. Just in case."