chapter 35 / broken

3rd Person POV

"It's time?"

Trembling Y/N clasped the den den mushi.
Her voice didn't choke up, remaining crystal clear despite the clenching feeling growing inside her heart.
Leaning against the nearest wall, she took a deep breath, answering in a nearly robotic voice:

"Understood. I'm already on my way."

_______________________

Y/N's POV

"Hah, it's good to be back."
Stretching, I stood on the balcony of my beloved home. It was the morning after Ace and I had returned and I had just woken up.
The birds were singing and the noises of someone practicing martial arts sounded from the training grounds.
I guess Ace got started early today. And we just got back as well. He could take a rest from time to time.
Smiling I made my way downstairs, heading towards the medical wing. I wanted to check up on Lou's condition before joining Ace.
It was a good day. I was excited to be back. Although nervousness spread through my heart when I thought about the surprise I had for him.

But my happiness didn't remain for long.
As I walked out of the living room door a sinking feeling suddenly spread in my stomach.
(*Bereberere*)
Not a second later my baby den den mushi went off.
I don't have a good feeling about this. Who would call me?
Praying my gut feeling was wrong, I picked up the phone.

__________________________________________

Ace's POV

She's late.
Letting myself fall into the grass, I breathed in the cool morning air. Y/N hadn't shown up yet so I decided to start training on my own. I assumed she would want to check up on Lou first. However it was already past 10am and she still hadn't come.
I wonder did something happen? Maybe I should go check up on her.

Deciding that I was kinda hungry anyways I headed back to the house, making the slight detour to the medical wing. I was just going to get a quick snack, but thought I'd check up on Lou whilst I'm already in the area. I'm totally not slacking of on training. I was simply wanting to see your face- I mean ask why you're late.
Yup sounds good. Let's go with tha-
What the h*ll?
I was making up excuses as to why I would march into Y/N's holy medical wing, when the elf suddenly rushed out nearly knocking me to the ground.

"Yo, Y/N! Why are you in such a hurry?"
I asked making her halt for a moment to throw a few sentences at me:

"Oh Ace, perfect timing. Go pack your stuff anything you could need when staying away for a few months. And make it quick we haven't got any time."

"Huh? Wait what? Y/N?!?"
Before I could ask anything else she was out of sight. Once again leaving me with more questions than answers.
I swear this woman. Also was that Lou?
I didn't have much time to observe, but I could have sworn that two wings were sticking out of the little bundle in Y/N's arms.
What in the world is going on this time?
Is Lou alright?
Worried I was about to march in the direction where Y/N had run off to. But thinking about the urgency in her voice, I deciding to follow her orders instead, walking to my room to pack.
____

It didn't take me long to finish. I didn't really have that much stuff and as a pirate I was used to traveling with only the bare necessities.
Throwing my bag over my shoulders, I headed to the room that lay to the opposite of mine.
There was nothing suspicious emanating from it.
As expected from Y/N. Noone has this perfect control over their haki.
The room I stood before was Y/N's but her presence was nearly unnoticeable. Even I barely felt her in my proximity and I knew her aura like the back of my hand.
Honestly if she hadn't banged her door a few minutes ago I wouldn't even have noticed that she was there.
Although now the loud sound of someone rummaging through drawers was giving her away.