Chapter 16

Chapter 16:

"Harry can you come in here?" I ask sitting at the dinning room table.

He walks in and smiles at me. He instantly frowns when he sees my worried expression.

"What's wrong?"

"I can't afford this house any more"

"What? No that's impossible"

"Look they jacked the price up. It's 60 dollars more. I can't afford that! I could barely afford it before"

He looks at the bill for my house and his eyes widen.

"What am I gonna do?!"

"I don't know" he sighed sitting down. "I would pay it for you but Mum and dad have all my money in their bank account. Lou's parents have his money too"

"That would have been too much to ask for anyways" I shook my head.

"You know what you have to do right?"

"But they'll never allow it!"

"Just try. It's best if you try cause then you at least have a chance"

"Fine" I said grabbing my phone. "What's their number?"

He puts their number in my phone and I press my phone to my ear.

"Hey mum"

"Is that you Danielle? Honey it's Danielle!" My mum yells on the phone.

"Danielle? Really?" My dad mumbled.

"How are you sweetie?"

"Not so good. My house is 60 dollars more than it was before. It'd be really nice if my parents would help me out"

"Oh" my dad mumbled. "you can't pay for the house yourself?"

"Dad I'm 17! I shouldn't have to be paying for my own house! If you wouldn't have abandoned me then maybe we wouldn't be in this situation!"

"I'll take it from here" Harry said before grabbing the phone.

He talks on the phone for a good 30 minutes before handing the phone back to me.

"They agreed" he said. "but they want to come visit"

"What?! How is that going to help anything?! They're gonna take one look at me and-"

"Hey calm down. Sure you don't look like the good girl they wanted you to be but you are their daughter."

"As if that made a difference before" I scoffed.

"It'll be ok"

I nod and stood up to leave the house. I need a break from this place.

I walk to the bar a few blocks down and when I walk in people look at me funny.

I show the lady my fake I.D before she gets me the drink I ordered.

I sit in the back corner and a guy approaches me. He passes me a blunt before walking back to his seat.

I shrug and think "why not?" I could you use it anyways. I light it with the candle set in the middle of my table as my drink order comes.

I chug half the cup before taking a drag of the blunt. God it's been so long since I've smoked weed.

The more drags I took the lighter I felt. Suddenly I didn't care that Mum and Dad were coming. I didn't care that I could lose my house. I didn't care the Luke left and is probably banging some chick as we speak.