Chapter 10

Chapter 10:

"She sleeps alone my heart wants to come home. I wish I was. I wish I was" Calum sang out the last verse.

I stood up and clapped loudly while cheering and smiling. They all laughed and smiled as I continued to applaud them.

"That was so good!"

"Thanks" Michael say as all 4 of them blush a little.

"Is that one of your own songs?"

"Yeah. I wrote it" Calum said shyly.

"It's really good. I love the meaning behind the song. You should continue to write music cause it's good"

"Thank you" Calum blushed smiling. "Actually I have another song. But I want you to sing it"

"M-me?"

"Yeah. I saw you in the music room at school the other day singing. You've gotta be a little good"

"I don't know I don't normally do this"

"We promise we won't judge you" Ashton said kindly.

"I know it's just-"

I pretty silent Luke interrupts me. This is the first time he's talked in a few minutes. It's record.

"You should sing. I wanna hear your voice"

"B-but I-"

"I'm sure you're amazing" Luke smiled at me.

I blushed and gave in nodding as they cheered.

"Here's the music. Do you understand how the beat fits in with the lyrics?"

"Yeah it's like-" I hum to the beat and look at him questioningly.

"Perfect" Calum stands up.

I see a keyboard in the corner of the room and I pull it out and sit on a stool.

I take a deep breath before singing the amazing song Calum wrote.

"Even when the sky is falling down. Even when the earth is crumbling 'round my feet.

Even when we try to say goodbye. And you can cut the tension with a knife in here.

Cause I know what'll happen
If we get through this

And if the earth ends up crumbling down to its knees baby
We just gotta get out

And if the skyscrapers tumble down and crash around baby
We just gotta get out
We just gotta get out"

I let out a sigh of relief I didn't know I was holding in.

"Wow" i hear Luke say.

"Oh" Calum says.

"My" Ashton said.

"God!" Michael exclaimed.

They all gather me in a group hug and I blush.

"That was amazing Danielle! I didn't know you were that good! You said you sucked" Luke said.

"Well I do suck"

"Bullshit" he scoffed.

I blush redder and the other 3 compliment me too.

"Shit my mum is going be mad if I don't do my homework since I don't actually go to school. See you guys soon" Michael waved to us as he grabbed his backpack.

"Bye!" We replied.

"Good meeting you" Michael hugged me quickly before taking off.

"You too!"

"Danielle we should go as well"

"Ok I'll meet you in the car. I'll say goodbye to the guys"

He nods and waves to Ashton and Calum as he leaves the house. They wave back.

"You're special you know" Calum said.

"I wouldn't say-"

"Luke's never actually brought a girl here to meet us. He's never mentioned any girl before but you. The way he looks at you makes it obvious too."

"What do you mean?"

"He likes you. And if I were you I'd take the offer. He doesn't date anyone in general but you're changing him."

"I wouldn't turn down the offer" I nod. "but I don't know if this is true."

"See for yourself soon"

"Alright we'll see you guys later. It was nice to meet you" I hug each of them.

"You too" they both reply.

I get into Luke's car and I smile at him as he starts to drive.

"You are such an amazing singer. Plus you're awesome on guitar"

"Thanks" he blushed. "I could say the same to you"

"Thanks"

We make small conversation as we drive back to his house. When we get there we head straight to his room.

"Can I ask you a favor?" Luke asked.

"What is it?" I ask.

"I just want to try something" he said shyly.

I gave him a confused look but before I could open my mouth and speak he pressed his perfect lips into mine.