"T-trent." Jalen roughly rubbed his eye.

"It's nearly eleven at night Jalen on a monday, go back to bed now please." Jalen nodded confused but not wanting to question her stern tone.

He held his arm up wanting the caretaker to tuck him in and walk him back to his room. He'd become much more dependent on her.

Soraya - in no position to refuse - walked round the island and towards the boy, holding his small warm hand in hers and walked him back to his room.

"Trent back?" Jalen asked yawning at the end of his sentence, looking up at the caretaker.

"Yes Trenton's back." The elder whispered as they arrived at his spiderman printed room.

"Tuck in?" Soraya nodded lifting him up and placing him in his Disney Lightning McQueen bed that he begged for.

"Jay sleepy." Soraya rolled her bottom lip in her teeth tucking the young boy in.

"Read bed time story." Soraya shook her head no making sure the younger was comfortable.

"It's too late for that now, little prince. Off to sleep, c'mon." Trenton watched amazed from the door.

Tears threatened to fall as he saw the old Soraya resurface, the sweet Soraya that she always was before him and mother ruined her.

Once Soraya saw the young boys eyes flutter close she pressed a soft kiss to her forehead and stood to her full height, "I never knew you were so amazing with kids." Trenton finally announced himself.

"I never got any chance to be," That in itself had its own dark story behind it.

"I'm sorry, honestly, for everything. Can we please properly talk now?" Soraya brushed past her brother walking back to the kitchen, Trenton again quickly followed behind her.

"What do you want to talk about? What is there to say, enlighten me." Soraya wasn't a drinker in fact she'd never drunk before a day in her life.

But tonight, tonight, she needed it. With that being said she opened the fridge and took out a bottle of Chateau La Mission Haut-Brion.

"You drink? What the fuck is going on Soraya, drinking, swearing?"

"I am twenty-one Trenton, a woman. I can do whatever I please to, now I'm pretty sure I told you to talk." She grabbed a wine glass from inside the cupboard and began pouring herself some red wine.

"I don't know where to start," he sighed," Hezekiah shot me. In both knee caps I'm sure he didn't tell you that though."

"It never came up." Surprisingly Soraya wasn't disturbed by the news, "and i'm sure it wasn't for no reason." Now Trenton gritted his teeth.

"I was 'rude', too disrespectful."

"You have got quite the mouth, I'm not too shocked." Soraya took quite a small sip of her red wine, savouring the taste.

"He shot me then threw me down in the basement I'm sure you don't want to hear all the gruesome details."

"Oh no please do elaborate, don't hesitate. I'd love to hear it all, after all your pain has become my pleasure." Trenton felt himself on the verge of tears.

"I'm sorry, Soraya. For everything, but I was too a victim of mother's treatment."

"You was no such fucking thing you don't know anything, you don't know what pain feels like, what starvation feels like, what hunger feels like, what disappointment fucking feels like you don't no shit. you'll never no shit."

"That so isn't true!"

"Do not raise your voice at me," Soraya shook her head chuckling lightly, "Hezekiah was right you never do learn your fucking place."

Trenton felt his heart peel away, "Soraya please, I don't want to fight anymore." His voice cracked, "I just want my sister back."

"You fucking did this to me, don't say you want me back." Soraya gulped down the rest of the red wine, "don't tell me you fucking miss me. Don't fucking bullshit me, i'm not a fucking idiot anymore Trenton."

"Please stop." Trenton couldn't handle this new Soraya. Truthfully nothing about her had ever changed.

"Nobody ever listened to Soraya when she begged them to stop, so why the fuck should I listen to you?"

"I know no apology won't be enough but you have to understand I just want my sister . I've fucked up so many times I get that really, I do. But I can't keep living like this."

"Living like what?" Soraya let out a dark laugh.

"Soraya stop! This isn't you! And you know it isn't!"

"What would you prefer! The crying frail little girl who only wanted her brothers love! But he didn't fucking care so why the fuck should I!"

"I cared, I did Soraya."

"Do not lie to me."

"You're going to wake Jalen up."

"And i'll put him straight back to bed after because I don't need you and he doesn't either."

"He needs a male role model."

"You never cared before about anybody but you're goddamn self don't start now, in fact why start now?"

"Soraya I was young and dumb and I loved my mother so I listened to her all the time. if i had to choose between my sister or mother it wasn't up for debate i'd choose my mother."

"Nothings changed so don't phrase it like it has, you still fucking love her now and if she wasn't locked up behind thick steel metal bars you'd still fucking choose her."

"I was wrong, she was wrong, we were wrong. Please don't continue to hate me for my past, you can't move on till you let go. You'll never be free till you forgive."

"I won't ever forgive you so get that thought out of your head right fucking now. And I won't ever forgive her."

The realisation that nothing he had to say would change his sisters mind made tears pool at his eyes.

"I should slap you," Soraya let out a dark chuckle, "because every time I came to you crying you slapped me."