(2) the morning, noon, and evening after

note: Haley and Jack are (kind of) non-existent.

The first light of the morning wakes you up. Slowly, you open your eyes. You hear another person breathing next to you. Hotch lies on his stomach, arms and legs spread out, evidently fast asleep. You smile at the sight and glace at your phone: Still half an hour before your alarm rings.

You decide to let Hotch sleep, he looks way too relaxed to wake him just yet. Careful to not make any loud noise, you get up. You tiptoe to the bathroom and wash your face. When you look at your naked chest, you see hickeys that Hotch left there. Good on him that they are not on your neck.

Back in your bedroom, you put on a shirt and some sweatpants. You go to the kitchen and close the bedroom door behind you. You get two smoothies out of your fridge and make some fresh coffee. Unfortunately, you don't have any caramel sauce at hand. You decide to come through for Hotch and get a pan and some sugar. First, you melt some butter, then you add a shit ton of sugar. You push it around the pan until you have enough caramel for his coffee.

You get a glass and drizzle the caramel around the inside. He really made you go full barista on him. You add the coffee and some foamed milk on top.

With the smoothies in one hand and his caramel-latte in the other, you reenter the bedroom. Hotch is still out.

You put a smoothie and his coffee on the bedside table and sit down next to him. The mattress dents in your direction and Hotch moves in his sleep. You start to run your fingers through your hair until he starts to wake up. At first, he smiles under your touch, but you see the panic in his eyes when he lifts his head.

"Aaron, its me." You say calmly. He still seems to be vigilant about...well, everything. You need to work on that with him.

"Oh." He takes a deep breath and sits up.

"Hey." You smile at him.

When your gaze wanders from his face to his neck and chest, you see the hickeys YOU left on him.

"Ooops." You touch his purple and blue skin.

He looks down on himself. For a moment you think he will be mad, but he just smiles.

Your alarm rings and you turn it off.

"What time is it?" Hotch asks with his delicious morning voice.

"Time to get up." You kiss him and point at his coffee.

Aaron stares at it: "Did you make that?"

"Yeah." You hand it to him.

He mutters something under his breath and takes a sip.

"What was that?" You raise your eyebrows.

His cheeks flush, but he answers: "I said, no one has done that for me."

Your eyes get sad: "Really?"

He shakes his head.

"Well, you should stay over for often then." You smile.

Hotch raises his eyes from his coffee to look at you. You can see that he liked to hear that.

You let him drink his coffee and get up to change. Your sweatpants and shirt land on the bed next to him. Just in your underwear, you remember your smoothie. You open it and down it in one go. You feel Hotch looking at you.

"You have more tattoos?" He looks at your exposed skin.

You grin: "You did not notice?"

He clears his throat: "No, I – I was distracted."