(11) Aftertaste

"Aaron, we are going to be late!"

You're in his living room, wearing a shirt with a plunging neckline, dark jeans, rocking your favorite brogues.

Finally, he comes out of the bedroom. "Do we really have to go?"

You roll your eyes: "It will be fun. It's our first time going out with the team after your dramatic exit."

"Dramatic?" He raises his eyebrow.

You grin at him and grab the back of his neck: "A little." You whisper before you press your lips on his.

"You look hot." He murmurs into your ear when you let go of him. His hands wander up your sides. You grab them: "I know what you're doing."

Hotch gives you an innocent smile: "I don't know what you're talking about."

You let him get away with it for now.

"Come on." Kissing the side of your neck, he admits: "I'm kind of nervous."

You grab his chin gently: "You'll be fine. Try to enjoy a night at the bar with your girlfriend." Hotch sighs: "Fine."

"You look hot too, by the way." You whisper when you get into the taxi.

Paying the driver, you get out of the car. Hotch is already standing on the sidewalk, hands in his pockets. It makes you grin, it's out of character for him to be this insecure. You put your arm around his waist, and he his around your shoulder. You walk into the bar like this and look for the team.

"Over here!" Emily's voice makes you turn around and let go of each other.

You push Hotch to walk in front of you and sit down first. Everyone is here except Rossi. "Did Dave really cancel?" You ask.

Morgan rolls his eyes: "He said something about the drinks not being expensive enough."

He waves the waitress over to order. Before you can say something, Hotch orders Singapore Slings for you two. You smile like an idiot and look around the bar. At the far end is a dance floor. Oh, this will be fun.

When your drinks arrive, you and Hotch clink glasses first, then raise them at the others.

"How many drinks until you tell us more?" Emily yells over the table, gesturing at you and Hotch. He lets out a chuckle and you flip Emily off once again.

"How many though?" Morgan repeats.

You turn you head to Hotch and whisper: "Should we fuck with them?" He nods, his face deadpan. "What do you want to know?" You ask.

Everyone looks at each other, obviously not expecting to get this far.

"Now you seem like you need shots." You tease them. On cue, Morgan orders some for the table. Everyone except Reid downs one. You repeat your question, adding: "Everyone gets to ask one question."

"So, choose wisely." Hotch comments, still showing off his stern face. Under the table, however, he puts his hand on your thigh.

"How long have you been two together?" JJ goes first.

"Two years." You answer with a calm voice. That causes Morgan to choke on his drink: "What?"

"I said, two years. And you just used your question. Emily?"

She tilts her head, overthinking her question: "Where did you meet?"

"At the gym." Hotch answers.

Garcia narrows her eyes: "Is that why she joined the team?"