Prologue

Please click/tap the header image. This is vital information for the whole series.

"Father is gone! Mother please, please don't leave! Elle needs you! Please don't leave us!" I remember his pleas. I can't have done anything better for them. Father will not be gone for long, my darlings.

I stand above, on the deep black throne, looking upon the pillars and the frescoed cieling of which I can not see any colour. I stare down the long open hall and gaze at the dark door. Everything is black as night. Only those who live in darkness can know the form thereof and this one is a mirror of the Beneathean castle. I know where he is. I will save you. I will save you at any cost. I simply need to find the princess. That is all I need to do.

Another memory flashes before my eyes...

"Mother, where is Father? He has not been home in a very long time. I miss him and Elle has cried countless times." He told me softly. Sweet boy. Father will return. I will make sure of that. I have to make sure of that. And the princess will have no coice but to help me in my endeavor. I will have to test her. The results do not matter.

I climb down the throne and head towards the door. Before I push the pitch black door aside, I take a deep breath and think for a moment. Where did Abby last say she'd spotted the princess? Oh, that is right... West Skladmir, Aslen, Gaia. Abby would want to know where Baal is, as well. First I will pay the princess a visit. I smile, content with my thoughts and cast a return. That girl needs to see my power in person.