Halo

The war rages on. The Covenant were very close to find the Human world of Earth. During this time, Ghost has started to have a few new nicknames. Namely: The Spartan Juggernaut, due to his unstoppable nature; Berserk, on instances he'd been on a rampage; ONI's Grim reaper and The Covenant Slayer, mostly among the Covenant. Chief and Ghost kept going on missions that would normally be suicidal, but in the end the only thing left are corpses of the unfortunate.

As the years went by, Chief started to grow close to Ghost. It's no surprise that Cortana and even Chief's own teammates noticed the strange behavior. To Chief, Ghost seem so oblivious to her nature, not that she mind. It's just that she find it strange for a psychopathic murder machine to almost act somewhat human. However, let us come back to the present, shall we?

30 years. Over 30 years of war, Humanity have gone and come to the edge of extinction from countless times. The Covenant may be their final test of survival. As time progresses, so do the tech, the tactics and protocols. One thing does remain constant: Humanity is fighting a losing battle.

The Pillar of Autumn drifts after Reach has fallen. They have no idea how long till they make it back to Earth. Something interesting arise though.

In view from the range finder, a large, ring-like structure emerge from the adjacent planet. Many thought it was created by some secret project. However, the closer they get, the more it seems that there is something, holy about this ring. That was cutshort by the Covenant's arrival and the attack on the Autumn. Most of them manages to eject from the Autumn before it crashes, most didn't survive.

Chief and Ghost come out of a stolen airship and began a long journey to the fallen vessel.

Jane's POV

We were marching through a ring, which seems to support life and have gravity. Ghost, on the other hand, is following me for the duration of our trip. I have to say, after Reach, non of us have felt the same since. I mean, we have left one of the most important planets as it fell to the Covenant. Reach is, to many of us Spartan-2s, our home. No matter what we did, many died protecting home. It doesn't matter anymore.

The Covenant intercepted us and we began fighting. As per usual, the Grunts ran away from us, mostly from Ghost. I see Ghost effortlessly toss Grunts and Jackals around like ragdolls. An Elite rushed at me, but I shot my rounds into its shield before it goes down. By the time I am finished with my mag, 3 more Elites fell because of Ghost. A Jackal manages to hit Ghost, but he survived. In turn I shot a sniper at the Jackal. No one hurts, my Ghost! What am I even saying?

(Brain: Girl, you have a crush on him~

Me: Wh-What? No, I don't! I just admire him and treat him as Family... Yeah, family. That's all!

Brain: *Chuckling* You know you can't lie to your own brain, right?

Me: Why do I even have you?

Brain: I'm the one that kept you alive all this time. Besides, all of us have our own subconsciousness.

Me: Whatever)

Without warning, Ghost prevented me from falling off the edge. He held on to me with a hug as he lifts me. "Watch your step", he said to me and I nodded. I'm lucky there are no UNSC nearby or I'll be embarrassed of myself. He let go of me and then sets me down, to then I ask Cortana, " How close are we to the Autumn?" She replied, "Not far. Take a warthog or a Ghost. We need to send a signal to the UNSC and -", all of a sudden, Reaper cuts in, "Negative. The Cole protocol stated that the location of Earth must be hidden. With the Covenant in the region that we're in, sending a distress signal would lower the chances of survival and soon Earth itself."