Thinking with Portals

Happens during Halo...

Ghost: Come again?

Cortana: Basically, this device is a teleporter. We will use it to get into the heart of this infestation.

Chief: How do we know it is safe?

Cortana: Trust me. Besides I'm the one who saved both of your butts back at the boarding and any other engagements.

Reaper: Correct. Our chances are significantly increased with Cortana.

Cortana: Thanks Reap!

The device began to flicker and then bright purple and green light came to life.

Ghost: Ladies first.

Chief didn't even respond, she just stepped into the device and vanishes in thin air. Ghost follows suit and stepped into the same device as Chief.

Chief is teleported, but Cortana came online, "You might want to brace yourself", "Why". It didn't take her a second to realise that she is upside down. She fell to the ground, which made a loud thumping noise due to her armor.

Chief: Ow.

Cortana: I told you to brace.

Chief: Yeah, where's Ghost?

Soon, she heard a bunch of crashed noises, followed by a figure falling on top of her. It was non other than Ghost.

Ghost and Chief: [Grunts and Groans]

Cortana: Well, I forgot to tell him not to go after you and we'll he did. So I teleport led him elsewhere, but I didn't expect the top part from where we're standing.

Ghost: [Gets off Chief] Note to self: Ask Cortana first before I do something crazy.

Cortana: Unfortunately for all of us here, I like crazy.

Ghost: Why am I not surprised?

Chief: Cortana, Any luck in finding Keyes?

Cortana: He's just beyond this sector. If we can get there, there is a chance he may still be alive.

.....