Warpath

Jane's POV

We suit up and ready our weapons. We all walked to the Pelican, yet there is one person that is not here. Of course I'm referring to Ghost. I stepped back till I hit something. It's too close so it has to be someone else. Indeed it is, as I turned around and saw Ghost. Then we heard a voice, "Took you long enough". We all turn to the source of the sound and it is Ghost wearing his Mjölnir and his black visor with his skull scar. I then notice something: If he's sitting on the seats, then who's in the suit. At this point, I just shrug it off and we went to the engagement zone.

During the flight, Ghost has been rather quiet, not to say that he can't talk, but rather it's something else. I inspects the weapons that was given to him: The MAC Assault rifle, The MA45 Shotgun and the Magnum pistol. I'm surprised that he can carry three weapons while us Spartans are limited to 2 at a time. The weird part is, that the weapons are only on the  exo-skeleton. As we draw close to the engagement zone, Ghost stood up and walk into his exo suit.

The doors open as I ordered Blue Team to drop, but the first to drop was Ghost. The sick son of a bitch. We dropped later and right before we even hit the ground, Ghost just tears through the covenant forces like they were nothing: hacking, slashing and shooting as he goes. He punched a brute, which tore its flesh and he killed the brute with a stab via the nearby pole arm.

We kept going and cleared the area of Covenants till there is none. By this point, our ammo supplies almost ran dry. During this mission, I've seen Ghost use the Covenant weapons creatively to his advantage. For one, he used the Needler and stab the Elite by the back of the weapon. The energy swords were orientated so when the Covenant Elites intended on using the weapon, it hits them. When his ammo ran dry, he used 2 gravity hammers to destroy most of the covenant ground vehicles.

We were all at the briefing for our next mission. I notice something odd with Ghost, but it was subtle that I barely notice it during the fights. We've been lucky on a few occasions, this is the one I am certain that there is something wrong with Ghost. It feels like he was named after a marine, who sacrificed his life for his platoon after the covenant invade the planet. He seems to have that same mentality, just as a Spartan so to say.

Our next mission is to secure a Covenant base just north of our position. However, I'll be accompanied by Ghost, while the rest of my team went on different missions. I don't mind my companion, in fact I don't mind working with Ghost in general. He may seem off at times, but on the battlefield, Ghost shows how effective he can be, even when ammo is low.

3rd Person POV

The Condor flew high in the sky as it graces the horizon, carrying the Elite Spartans and Marines to take a Covenant forward operations base on the mountains. A grunt was having a feud with a Jackal till they spotted the aircrafts. Immediately, the grunt hops onto an AA turret and open fire upon the descending ships. One of the bolt of plasma hits the Condor and it made its rapid descent to the ground.

The Spartans and Marines manage to get off the Condor as it crashed into the jungle.

"Well that should've gone better", Cortana said sarcastically.

The others recover from their fall, take up arms and March towards the Covenant base. They were then intercepted by a Covenant scouting party.

Transcript

Elite: [Points to the Marines] There!

All the Elites and Grunts began to open fire upon the Spartans and Marines.

Marine 1: Take Cover!

Everyone hide behind rocks

Ghost: [Peaks then immediately duck before a bolt him] Ugh, Covenant scouts [Throws a grenade at the Scout party]