Chapter 5.

Unsub.

"Yeah, I know him. I put him away after being undercover for a few weeks, about half a year before I joined the BAU. He can't be out already, he's extremely dangerous."

"I thought you were on desk duty before you got to the BAU?" JJ questioned, confused by the words she was hearing. It earned no reply.

Now all three profilers were pacing at Emily's statement as the shaken-up girl sat in the corner of the room sobbing. "Derek, get out and take her with you."

"Get out? Princess, what do you mean get out? There's an unsub out there taking one of my sexy ladies and you want to have sex? By the looks of JJ's neck you already-"

"We need to get dressed, stop talking about our sex lives." JJ interrupted before he could make anymore comments, running her hand up and down her neck, reminiscing of the actions they were doing before this incident. Oh, how she missed a simpler time.

"Fine, but I'm going to Reid's room, my room has a smashed window and who knows what type of animals could attack me through there." He kept stalling, trying to find an excuse not to take the crying lady under his wing of protection. There's only one type of protection Derek Morgan uses, and it isn't the type that helps sobbing, yet also sexy, women. That's just his ruse.

The women shouted in unison. "Out!" And with a startled jump and an annoyed look on his face, Morgan and the nameless lady left, shutting the door behind them.

"I need to go get my clothes, did you see where I put my keycard?" Emily said, going through piles of flung-about clothes. They really hated Derek right about now.

"Uh, did you even have it? I only saw you put your phone down on the table and there's no keycard here." JJ said as she started to help her girlfriend look around the room. That was until a startling gasp came from her direction. Followed by the word "no" being repeated continuously.

JJ walked over to Emily, putting her hands on her shoulders to try and shake the "no's" out of her other half's system. "What? Emily, calm down!"

"The door slammed behind me when I left to come here, and I left my keycard inside. I can see it, I'm imagining it on the table. Shit."

"Hey, it's okay, Just borrow some of my clothes for today, and we can get a new card tomorrow when the front desk opens up." JJ said in a soothing tone. She always knew what tone would help her girlfriend calm down quickest.

"Okay. Yeah, I think I'm just stressed." Emily sat on the edge of the bed, leg bouncing up and down out of pure anxiety. "This guy is terrible Jayje. I don't want you to get hurt." She stood up again going over to her love, intertwining her fingers with JJ's.

JJ leaned her head forward, joining her forehead to Emily's. All they could dare to feel was safety. "I love you, Emily Prentiss. You and I are going to be okay. I promise." JJ's breathe ghosting over Emily's lips, drawing her in.

"I love you Jennifer Jareau. With my whole heart." Emily lifted her forehead, separating the two, before things got too sexual once again.

"Here, clothes." JJ said rummaging through her suitcase, handing them to her girlfriend who quickly got dressed, as did JJ. Before they knew it, they were leaving the hotel room and heading to their dear friend, Spencer Reid's, room. Later, pounding on Hotch's door, and heading back to the station as a group.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

"Emily, I like your shirt, I've seen it before, just not on you." Reid stated. He had the one of the highest IQ's of the team, and was one hell of a profiler, but the simple things could confuse him.

"Thanks Spence, I like it too." She replied, looking up from her file and nodding, completely dodging the question, as she looked down at the mainly white shirt - apart from the small coffee stain on the hem. She knew exactly how to get a stain out, especially coffee. It made her laugh slightly, raising concern from the now-silent team. 

They were just putting the finishing touches on the profile, in order to present. The Austin Police Department weren't happy about being called in at three in the morning, but it's the job and a serial kidnapper so.

The team finished presenting their profile to the local PD when a crash came into the station, startling everyone. A blood-covered girl - the one from earlier - being held at gunpoint by a ski-masked man, both struggling to stand up properly ; one from pain, one from alcohol perhaps. From instinct, everyone grabbed their guns from their holsters, pointing towards the doors. No one had a clear shot due to rigged movements made by the unsub. The younger agent took her eyes away from the door, to glance at the panic on Emily's face. She wasn't joking when she said how ruthless this man was.

"Put your gun down and give us the girl!" Derek yelled from the far right corner of the precinct, grabbing the attention of the room including the man in the doors.

"Only if you give me that girl." Turning head, locking eye contact with Emily from across the room. She stood there, petrified, but all emotions hidden. It was a secret talent of hers.

"No!" Half the team blurted out ; loudest being JJ which the unsub clearly observed.

"Fine, then give me the blonde." He smirked under the ski mask, but the crinkles in his eyes made it visible. It sent shivers down the couple's spine, as they stood there with staring at each other, trying to figure out what the other person was thinking.

"No! No. I'll go." Emily put her gun down, walking slowly, towards the man with her hands in the air, as an act of surrendering.

"Emily. No." The team leader shouted, causing her head to gyrate around, locking eye contact, and giving him a look. The 'trust me' look.

"Em, no." Silent sobs, and quiet whispers came from the floor. JJ has melted onto the floor, unable to witness the hostage-taking, of her girlfriend,about to occur. Reid ducked his body down, comforting her but she didn't want it. She wanted Emily, who was now less then a metre away from the hidden man.

"Take me, but give the girl first." She said, with the calmest tone in her voice. The unsub pushed the girl in the direction of Emily, leaning to swap them as quickly as possible. The girl fell to the floor, and Emily was dragged. Before they could leave, Morgan and Hotch called the order simultaneously, and 3 gunshots were fired, echoing throughout the small department. The concealed identity fell to the floor, as did Emily, dropping his gun.

Aaron shouted. "Arrest him." 3 uniformed officers ran to the pair, picking him up, forcing him against the wall and taking him into custody. The wall now had a blood smear on it, and the injuries weren't fatal enough to take him to hospital yet. "Someone help Prentiss up." Hotch turned around, walking to the interrogation room when he heard a loud groan, stopping him in his tracks. He turned, seeing Emily on the floor clutching her side in pain, and a blood pool forming. "Prentiss!"

JJ who was still on the floor, sobbing uncontrollably next to Reid, turned around the desk corner to see her girlfriend crying, blood bordering her torso. She got up, practically teleporting to her girlfriends side, pushing all other agents and officers, including the team leader, to the side, as Morgan called for a medic.

"Hey, baby. You're going to be okay. It's going to be okay. You're so strong." JJ quietly said, assessing the wound and applying pressure with one hand, as the other run through her brunette hair. Emily didn't have the strength to reply. She just nodded before the world went black, and her head tipped backwards onto the ground. A single tear dropped onto the white, now blood-stained, shirt. Thank God Emily knows how to get a stain out of a shirt.

That's if she lives.