Chapter 10.

(Sexual scenes)

Christmas time.

JJ loved Christmas with a passion. It was always her favourite holiday, even though it was difficult to celebrate without her sister. Roslyn had always been there for JJ when they lived in Pennsylvania, but it's never going to be the same again.

Christmas Eve came around, neither girls had done any shopping and the tree was not decorated. It seemed like a failure of a Christmas in their eyes, but soon enough, JJ would be in treatment, and Emily would be back at work. They couldn't wait, although the looks that David Rossi gave to the pair after Jj stepped out of Hotch's office could most definitely kill. They were scared to say the least. Garcia, Derek and Reid were still unaware of the situations going on with JJ's eating. After so many years, the secret was blurred out to the team leader, and JJ felt free. She wanted to enjoy the last few full days she had left with her girlfriend, and that she did.

She was up at 6, ready by half 6 and waking Emily up at 7. It's well known that Emily was not, never has been and never will be a morning person, so waking her up at this hour would not be the easiest thing.

"Em..." JJ lightly shook her girlfriend's shoulder until she started the stir. "Emily, come on. Wake up."

This morning seemed different. Emily seemed happy to be waking up this early. Small crinkles in her honey brown eyes formed from the smile that gleamed off of her face. The brunette starred up at the blonde, who had a shocked facial expression at this moment in time.

"Morning." Emily said, still smiling. The sun rays shone through the sheer curtains, directly onto her eyes. It was ethereal. She started to stretch her arms, as she sat up taking in the warm, morning sunshine. "What are you looking at?" Beside her was the blonde, simply admiring the beauty she's had the luxury of waking up next to. She wanted this moment to last forever. She soaked up every mental image she could get, because she knew not far from now, it won't be like this for a very long time.

"You." She replied. Smile now across her face. By the time she replied, Emily had walked over to the curtains, opening them up to let all the light into the room. As much as she loved her apartment, she loved JJ's just a tiny bit more. I was cozy, and the sun rose and set on both sides, due to it being a corner apartment. The light reflected through the victorian style windows in the living room, radiating small amounts of heat onto the wooden floor boards if you stood on them. The two bedrooms each had bay windows, fitting the style of the others, where JJ had set up a small seating area in her room. The other room was close to being empty. It held only a bed, dresser, and desk. She never knew what she could do with it.

Coming through the apartment door, you are welcomed by the open floor plan. Kitchen to the left, living room to the right. Standing at the back wall of the room stood a wooden spiral staircase - the same wood as the floorboards - with a white, metal handrail. It was always so cold to touch, no matter how much of the sunlight hit it. Emily always made jokes saying 'it was like her soul', causing JJ to sigh at the overuse of the pun.

The stairs led to a balcony loft room, where JJ has designated a small hangout area. It was where most of JJ, Emily and Garcia's 'ladies nights' occurred, given they weren't too drunk to make their way up there. There was a double bed in one corner, and a pull out couch on the other. JJ's color scheme was shown throughout her apartment. Neutral, yet colorful. Light greens, soft browns and pales, and for most of her accent colors, she chose a gentle rose shade. It all matched. Downstairs, the living room was packed with bookshelves, all containing JJ's favourite genre - true crime. She may have seen enough of it at work but it's fascinating to read. Perspectives of the killers and how they feel. The living room has the same color scheme, basic yet perfect.