Chapter 9.

(TW - eating disorder mentions.)

Day 1.

Out of hospital and trapped at home for a week, at least. Yesterday was a roller coaster of emotions, not only for JJ, but for Emily and the entire team. The date was the 19th of December and all JJ could think about was her week long rest away from work. She loved her job, to pieces but somewhere in between, she lost parts of herself to the job. Her innocence from the world. Her faith in humanity. Her love for people. Before coming to the Behavioral Analysis Unit, she had no clue of what she was truly getting herself into and along the way, she lost her naiveness. Emily, however, had experienced enough trauma of her own to last more than a lifetime. She saw the darkness in people before the darkness could find her. Her mom's job of course didn't help. Postings all around the world meant she had a lot of freetime, due to lack of stable friendships. She heard the stories, saw the news, listened in to her mom's phone calls. She found the darkness almost, in a sense.

Age fifteen was the worst of all. Italy had some of the worst stories imaginable, and ofcourse a lot of them were spread through words and changed throughout years, but the ideas of them never changed. Murderers and kidnappers everywhere, no one could be trusted. Emily befriended Matthew and John when in Rome, and although it took a while, they came to trust each other, and care for one another, but no matter how much trust goes into a friendship, you still have your walls ready to be rebuilt. Emily had walls being built higher and higher with each friendship, until JJ.

JJ was different to Emily. Although the walls were still there, something about her made them become smaller as time went on. Even from the first interaction, the hypothetical walls were being torn down. Her smile, her trusting eyes, everything about the blonde made it seem as if anyone, even a murderer, could trust her. This next week was going to be needed, especially when the person Emily gets to spend it with is the same person who saved her, not just physically but mentally.

Day one had started. JJ, being the morning person she is, was wide awake at 7 AM, Emily however was still in bed. Light knocks on the door and the smell of bacon being brought into the room stirred the brunette awake.

"Goodmorning, beautiful." JJ said to the sleepy woman lying in her bed, next to her. A sense of warmth and security came from seeing Emily in the spot that used to be empty. It wasn't like JJ couldn't live without a significant other, but the love she had for Emily made her never want to be alone again. All Emily could do was groan at the bright light coming through the windows. "I made you breakfast."

"Mhmm, I can smell it." Emily said, opening her eyes and looking at the smiling blonde. As much as JJ knew Emily was not a morning person, she wanted to make sure she was woken up to something nice. "You're perfect."

The comment flustered the blonde, making her turn a nice shade of pinkish-red. "Eat up." She said, ignoring the comment. As she went to stand up, she was held back by a warm gentle grip, pulling her back down onto the bed. Emily leaned up, cupping the blonde's chiseled face in her hand, pulling her into a soft kiss. It wasn't short, five seconds at least but Emily had never felt so fiercely for someone, and often found herself struggling to keep herself contained. She felt somehow connected to JJ from the first interaction and the love she feels is monstrous. JJ felt the exact same way, except the fact of her sexuality made it more confusing. The love she has for Emily is 100% real, but the idea of coming out made JJ shiver. No one should have to feel pressure to label their sexuality and the ideology of coming out made that pressure feel bone crushing.

They pulled away, slightly panting for air. "Have you had something to eat?" Emily said through heavy breaths. As much as she hated asking that question, she needed to know.