Chapter 1.

Where it all began.

"Hi, I'm Emily Prentiss. I just, uh I guess joined the BAU." She chuckled lightly to herself, as she shook the hand of a ocean-blue eyed blonde girl stood, alone, in the briefing room.
"Hi, Jennifer Jareau, but I would prefer it if you called me JJ." She smiled, gazing into these perfect, melted-honey looking eyes, mesmerised by how beautiful they were. "Ahem sorry, I was just going through the new case, do you want me to run you up to speed?" JJ said, breaking the silence.
"Yes, please do!" Emily was drawn into this girl, the way she acted, her personality, her looks. She was perfect, but she told herself going into this unit meant she couldn't get attached. Going from sitting behind a desk, doing paperwork, to working in an incredibly dangerous field, was going to be difficult to adjust to, and making friends was not going to get in the way of her doing her job. The job she earned for herself.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

"JJ, you're getting control of the press, make some calls, do what you do best and see how much has been leaked to the public so far. Emily, you're going to help with that. Come on people, this is our own city, let's protect it. Aaron Hotchner ordered. He didn't know how much he could trust Emily at this point, and he knew Gideon was going to take some time to adapt as well. After losing Elle, we needed another person on the team, but no one expected someone on this intelligence, status and expertise to join this quickly.

The group dispersed, all following the orders of Hotch, whilst JJ and Emily stuck back to make calls.
"I guess we are press pals now." JJ said, as she wondered over to the board where Emily was standing, aimlessly looking at the 'puzzle pieces' that didn't quite fit, yet.
"Aha, yeah I guess so."
"So where did you transfer from?"
"Uh, just a stupid desk job, still in the FBI of course." JJ was making it incredibly hard to not get attached to these people. Moving around offices so often meant there were things she couldn't say, or didn't even want to say. She liked keeping to herself, and if that meant lying, then so be it.
"Ahhh this will be a step up then, I mainly deal with press but I'm getting into the field more recently, and I love it. I'm sure you will." JJ said, smiling, as she brushed my shoulder lightly with her hand and walked out of the room.

Yeah, definitely getting attached, to that one at least.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Emily shouted, "Put the gun down! Back away from the woman and put your hands behind your head." focused on one person only. The words echoed throughout the basement of what the team could only presume was the torture rooms for his victims.
"No." The unsub said sternly, turning around, as he dragged the same blonde Emily was talking to just this morning in his hands, holding her at gun point. Right at her head. Cocked and ready to fire.
"Why don't we all just put our guns down, and you can let her go." Emily motioned the whole team to drop their weapons, soon followed by the sound of over 4 guns dropping to the concrete ground.
"No, they have to make me kill her. I have to obey them."
"Who?" Reid said.
"The voices."
"There's no one here, you're in control. You don't have to shoot anyone. You're free." Emily replied, reluctant to let this man take control of this situation,
"I'm free?" The unsub said.
"You're free. Let her go."
He dropped JJ to the ground. Hearing her knees slam into the hard, rubble covered concrete shattered the hearts of the BAU, especially Emily. But she wasn't attached. No. JJ wasn't supposed to be held hostage, and they all knew that. This wasn't the plan, and it's Emily's fault. She went to stand up, but the pain he caused her to fall again. By instinct, Emily went to grab her, as anyone would, but fell by the impact of a gunshot hitting her shoulder. The sounds of shot sent waves of fear through the SWAT teams mind's and open fire was shot into the unsubs direction. 24 bullets injecting themselves into his body, killing him at an instant. He was now truly free.
"I need an ambulance, we have 2 agents down." Morgan spoke into his walkie talkie, as Hotch and Reid rushed to the pair of agents lying on the floor. JJ didn't have the strength to stand up, but after living through yet another one of her co-workers being shot, she gained the muscle power to hold pressure on Emily's wound.
EMT's could be heard lightly around the corner, as the world went dark for Emily.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

She awoke suddenly, as she was being strolled into the ambulance.
"Em, I'm proud of you. Thank you for saving me. I'll be at the hospital when you wake up." JJ said, as she held tightly onto Emily's hands, even though hers were covered in blood. How long she had been holding her hand was unknown, but it was nice. The ambulance door closed shut, slammed by JJ. The lights started flashing and off they drove, the bloody handprint from JJ pushed against the white doors just falling out of focus.

Yep. Definitely attached.