It's too soon to feel this way. Right?

"Don't mind me! I'll just look at my phone or some shit, while I wait for you two." Mickey mumbles sarcastically, plopping into one of the conference room chairs.

I giggle against Axel's lips, almost forgetting that we aren't alone.

Axel doesn't seem to mind though, he actually seems to enjoy having an audience. He deepens our kiss, letting his hands travel to my ass, intentionally trying to make Mickey jealous.

Or establish dominance.

"Axel! I really need to head to my office," I say between kisses, fighting off his advances, slowly attempting to pull back.

"Five more minutes!" He responds with his lips pushed against mine as I feel his cheeky grin form. "Please!"

"Mickey is in here and we're at work." I pull away from his grasp. "I'll be over tonight."

"I'm not a very patient man." Axel grins sinfully, refusing to let go, making my knees weak.

"I promise we'll revisit this tonight." I wink and gently trace my fingers down the front of his form-fitting shirt, teasing the buttons. His eyes stalk my every move, gawking as I reach his belt buckle.

While Axel is distracted by my obvious flirting, his grip loosens and I escape his arms, heading to the conference room door.

"Not fair!" he shouts as I reach for the handle, giggling.

"Wait! You didn't tell us!" Mickey jumps up from the table, tossing his phone down.

I turn, looking over my shoulder at the both of them, "Tell you what?"

"Whose dick do you think is bigger?" Mickey quips.

I let out a laugh, before responding, "That's an easy one—mine!"

And with that I swing the door open, walking with a sassy stride towards my office, hearing their laughter barrel down the hallway.

I sit down in front of my laptop and begin scrolling through emails, trying to get caught up after my unexpectedly eventful morning.

Mickey seems nice and although they embarrassed the shit out of me, I can see how important he is to Axel. I just hope the office will forget their performance this morning and let that spectacle go.

However, Stephanie was front and center and she loves to spread shit, especially about me.

I reach for my phone and notice it's not on my desk.

Where did I leave it last?

Fuck.

So much for my dramatic exit.

I leap up from my chair, heading back to the conference room to retrieve my phone from the table. As I approach the door, grabbing the handle, I hear raised voices pierce through the paper thin walls.

This conversation sounds heated.

Without thinking, I pause for a moment, pulling my hand back and listen in.

"I fucked up bad, Ace! What the fuck are we going to do?" Mickey's tone is nervous, his confidence now wavering. "Tony said his guys have heard they are looking for us."

"Let's start with chilling the fuck out. I said I'll handle it and I will." Axel responds in a cool yet calm manner, unconcerned by whatever is troubling Mickey.

"Maybe we should get your contacts involved?" Mickey questions, not satisfied with Axel's response.

"No way! I'm not uprooting our lives again, especially because I actually like Olivia, man. Please don't complicate this for me." Axel breathes a heavy sigh before continuing, "Just let me handle this, like I said I would... And for the love of God, please calm the fuck down. You sound paranoid."

I really shouldn't be listening to this.

As I begin to debate if I should walk away and quit eavesdropping, the sound of paper reams crashing to the ground startles me, capturing my attention. I look to see Penny on the floor scrambling to pick up documents and files, sprawled across the hall.

I walk over to her, bending down to help.

"Oh, Liv! Thank you so much, dear." She pushes her vintage eye glasses back to pinch the bridge of her nose. "I'm always running around like a bloody chicken with my head cut off."

I laugh as I help her to her feet, admiring her unique fashion sense.

Her light brown, suede pencil skirt is paired with an eggshell colored sweater and dark tights. Her simple flats and matching maroon belt, tie together with a burgundy lipstick. Penny's style is always impeccable and usually consists of a classic sweater or scarf.

"I'm happy to have run into you!" She says smiling. "I found the donor list that you requested for your project from last year's gala."

"Thank you so much. I appreciate you searching for it!" I take the list from her, briefly scanning through the names. "I'm actually late for a call, but thanks again for finding this! Let's chat over a cup of tea this week."

I'm shit at lying and she knows it.

"Is everything alright, dear?" She shuffles the papers, looking at me worried.

"Oh, yes! Everything's fine. Just a busy day."

Lie.

"Are you sure? You don't look fine. You look like you just saw a ghost!"

No, I'm actually not fine! My romantic relationship or whatever he is, is potentially in some serious shit and I don't know how to approach it without sounding like a crazy person that was just eavesdropping at the door.

Fuck!

Why did I listen in? Why didn't I just knock or open the door? Why did I have to be so goddamn nosy?!

"Everything's absolutely fine!" I respond pushing aside my anxious thoughts, sounding a little too eager.

She knows I'm clearly hiding something, but drops it.

"Alright, catch up over a cuppa soon!" She gives me a concerned smile as she waves goodbye, not believing a word that came from my lips and turns towards the glass elevators.

Well, there's no way I'm going to try and get my phone back now...

I head to my office and sit behind my desk, staring at my computer screen.

What were they even talking about?

Opening a private browser I begin searching for anything and everything that could possibly expose pieces of this secret.

Axel + Enterprises
Axel + Mickey
Ace + Carrington
Axel + Tony
Tony + Mickey

Trying different variations of Axel's name, company, and friends, I attempt to discover whatever he's hiding. However, I can't seem to find a thing.

He did say his record was wiped clean.

Glaring at the search results, I get lost in my thoughts.

"Hey!" Axel's deep, husky voice surprises me as I quickly slam my laptop shut. "Are you looking for something?"