╣TWENTY-THREE╠

⚠️ CAUTION ⚠️

The chapter you are about to read, contains minor violence  in which some readers may find disturbing. Readers discretion is advised.

     The pursuit was still on, Detective Moore refused to give up now that the police backup were working with him. He tried to focus on the wine minivan despite the blaring of sirens coming from the police vehicles chasing the wine minivan too.
    Irritated by the whimpering of the young girl, sitting beside him, the tall–skinny man slapped her hard with his left hand while he held the stirring wheel firmly with his right hand as he drove on high speed.
“Look what you've caused you God damn slut, I'll make sure you pay for it!” he slapped her again. Still focusing his gaze on the broad express way, he opened the console in the middle of the driver's seat and the passengers seat, rummaging through it to find his big screwdriver he normally left there in case of emergency situations whereby his car has a fault. He brought it out, slamming the cover of the console. He hit the head of the screwdriver on the girl's mouth and the girl covered her mouth shrieking in excruciating pain. She removed her hand from her mouth and saw blood on it, the tall–skinny man saw the blood and smirked, glaring at her before darting his gaze to the road. He used the screwdriver to cut the side of her face and hit her on the head hard which made her to scream so loud.
“I am sorry, I will never talk to strangers again.” the young girl pleaded for her life, for the pain she was feeling was unbearable. Blood dripped from her lips, staining the yellow and green coloured checked cotton blouse she wore.
“It is too late to apologise, slut…I am going to disfigure this pretty face of yours with this screwdriver to the extent that no man or boy will ever want to be your friend.” he said as he used the screw driver to cut her nose.
“Pl…ease!” she cried, holding the door handle, trying to open it.
    The tall–skinny man scoffed, sucking on his teeth.
“You want to jump out?! Do it and get yourself killed, that will be so good.” he said and yanked her back, hitting her head on the head rest.
The girl screamed the more, holding her head in terror. Her beautiful face was disfigured with deep cuts with blood oozing out of it. The tall–skinnny man, looked at the rearview mirror, narrowing his eyes as he saw the number of police cars pursuing him increased. As he was about taking the round about, his way was blocked by a police vehicle, he reversed, wanting to take the other way but he was so unlucky, two police vehicles blocked his way too. He stopped his car, dragging the young girl with him as he moved to the back seat. He wrapped his arm around the neck of the girl, choking her.
Seething, he yelled, “Girls like you deserve to die! You are worthless! A traitor! A monster! A little witch! No body will ever love you…nobody!” he cussed.
“Come out!” a police man yelled. Six police men surrounded his vehicle, holding guns, some held rifles while some held AK-47.
The tall–skinny man tightened his grip on her neck, making the young girl struggle for her life, gasping  for air. He then, jabbed her with the screwdriver on her neck, cutting deep into her flesh.
“Jesus Christ!” the girl screamed as the sharp edge of the screwdriver cut through her flesh. She kicked the driver's seat in front of her, scratching the arms of the tall–skinny man wrapped around her neck, struggling to be free from his tight grip. She was choking and couldn't bear the excruciating pain she felt, anymore.
“Come out!” the police man who yelled the previous time, yelled louder as they waited patiently for the man to come out.
“You little witch, don't ever mention that stupid name! He is never going to save you!”
“Mmmm” the young girl pressed her lips into a thin line, whimpering. The man, yanked her hair, bending her head back. He blew her face multiple times which made her go numb to the rest of the pain he inflicted on her. He unlocked the door, pulling her by the  hair out of the minivan with him.
“Let her go!” a police man yelled at him. He was going to look for a way to escape from this goddamn police men. He wrapped his arms around the neck of the girl, leaning on the door of the minivan.
“Step back or I will drive this screwdriver into her skull!” he threatened the police, raising the screwdriver up, ready to jab her head.
“Let her go and you'll be free!” Detective Moore yelled at him but he was saying the irony of what he and the police force had planned to do to him, they planned on arresting him and taking him to jail for domestic violence.
“I am not a fool!” the man yelled angrily, plunging the screwdriver into her shoulder, the girl didn't scream because he had beaten her to stupor, making her whole body numb. The police men had to take action other than yell at him. A police man brought out a Taser, electrocuting him on the spot, he released his grip on the girl, falling to the ground, groaning.
Detective Moore rushed to the young girl who fell to the ground, highly exhausted. Detective Moore carried her like a baby into the ambulance which was around all the while the pursuit was on. The paramedics applied first-aid to her injuries, before driving her to the hospital. The tall–skinny man was arrested and taken into the police vehicle, handcuffed.