Episode 1x01: Pilot

Velocity

Season 1

Episode 1

Opens with an overview shot of Rocket City. Cuts to a breach opening up on the outskirts of town as CISCO and DOM walk out.

Cisco: So, is this the Earth you're looking for?

Dom: [glances around] Yeah... This is the place.

Cisco: Well then... I guess this is where I leave. [turns toward the breach]

Dom: [puts up his hand trying to Cisco him to stop] Wait, Cisco...

CISCO pauses, looking back at DOM.

Dom: Look, I... I hope there's no hard feelings between us.

Cisco: I won't say you weren't a bit of a tool, but I've heard you've really changed. At least according to the Legends.

Dom: I'd like to think I have. I'm not running anymore. I want to make things right. I wanna try and be my own hero. You guys inspired me I guess...

Cisco: Yeah, well... It'll take more than a leather suit to be a hero. Are you willing to put your life on the line for others?

After seeing DOM nod, CISCO leaves through the breach. It closes behind him, leaving DOM alone on the side of the road. DOM turns towards the city.

Dom: [under his breath] Welcome home Dom.

Walking into town, it cuts to a later scene. Dom's walking past buildings as a police car pulls up next to him.

Dom: Hey, is there a problem officer?

Floyd: Are you aware that you're out after the city mandated curfew?

Dom: What? Wait... Lawton?

Floyd: Sir, answer the question.

Dom: I didn't know there was a curfew... Lawton, I haven't been here for two years.

Floyd: Sir, I'm going to have to ask you to put your hands up.

Dom: You don't underst--

Floyd: [aggressively] I said to put your hands up.

DOM puts his hands up as the officer gets out of the car. FLOYD starts giving a pat down.

Floyd: Are you currently in possession of a firearm in your backpack?

Dom: I'm not.

Floyd: So you were unaware of the ten pm curfew?

Dom: I left two years ago, and only just got back. Anything that's happened since then, I don't know.

Floyd: Fine, alright, you're free to go. Just state your name for the record so I can have an informant sent to your place of residence to catch you up.

Dom: Of course Lawton, it's Dominic. Dominic Wilde.

Floyd: [gruffly] Alright sir, now I'm gonna let that off with a warning and I won't put "lying to an officer" on your record, but you have to give me your actual name.

Dom: I did. I'm Dominic Wilde.

Floyd: Sir, Dominic Wilde died two years ago.

Dom: What...? Wait, I'm... I'm legally dead?!