★ Twenty-Five ★

WAIT WAIT WAIT. ok so i was writing this chapter and was like 'woah, this is already here??' and then realized we're only a few chapters away from sHIT going down NO. *cries bc i'm attached but have to actually make plot* DUDE this is kinda almost over, what-- i am not ready for this to end i'm so fucking attached, i'm-- uuuhh anyway, enjoy, i guess. ((not edited))

oh this wasn't planned but i needed filler so there's a little smut warning. starts and ends at ***

----

Frank was a bit confused to wake to warmth within his arms, blinking groggy eyes open through sunlight filtering through the blinds -- heart leaping in remembrance as he gazed at Gerard sleeping peacefully right up beside him, smiling softly as the latter's lashes fluttered.

As slightly creepy as it was, he couldn't help but watch Gerard for a few moments -- simply breathing together as the latter was the definition of peaceful.

Reluctantly, though, Frank quietly slipped from beneath the sheets, tip-toeing out of the room and downstairs. When he returned back upstairs, wielding two cups of coffee -- Gerard was already sitting up, rubbing at his eyes as he blinked at Frank.

"Good morning," Frank smiled warmly, walking back over and handing Gerard the mug -- who gasped softly and accepted it, cradling it within his hands. "I made you some coffee."

"I love you," Gerard said immediately, taking a sip and sighing contentedly. "Oh god, thank you. You're so perfect, you know that?"

Frank didn't reply, only chuckling and kissing the side of Gerard's head -- the two eventually journeying into the den, curling together on the couch as they read through the comics printed in the newspaper.

Frank's hands were threading through Gerard's hair, dancing around the nape of his neck and toying with the short curls there -- his hair beginning to rapidly fade and grow out of the dye, the chestnut roots springing from his scalp while the bulk of it still sat dark.

Really, Gerard thought he looked ridiculous in the in-between stages -- Frank, on the other hand, believed he looked utterly adorable. They'd never quite agree on these things.

"Dya' think you'll ever put comics in the paper?" Frank asked, not leaving his gaze from the colorful strips as Gerard shrugged.

"I dunno," He replied. "I don't know what I'll do yet."

Frank hummed, nodding softly as his head came against Gerard's shoulder. "Y'know, you're a really great cuddler."

"You're not too bad yourself." Gerard replied, ignoring how Frank rolled his eyes.

"You're a doofus." Frank commented.

"You're the doofus." Gerard returned.

"And this is why we're perfect for each other." Frank replied, chuckling as Gerard rolled his eyes as well.

"I'm in love with an idiot." Gerard said, knowing damn well that he said that far too often.

"Two idiots in love." Frank said, smiling warmly as they lay together for the rest of the morning.

☆☆☆

Gerard's gut was twinging with nerves as he and Mikey sat together in the latter's bedroom -- their father at work and their mother in the backyard somewhere.

In Mikey's hands was one of the SNES controllers, thumbs moving furiously as his racer -- his choice Mario -- raced past Gerard's Princess Peach, gnawing on his lip as Mikey cheered, placing down the controller as he won.