087 - shifting back into place

songbird, chapter eighty seven
— shifting back into place

              elle grinned and gently knocked her knuckles against blaine's bedroom door, and upon hearing a tired 'come in' from inside she did just as she was told

"hey, how're you feeling, love?" she asked, instinctively climbing onto blaine's bed and crawling over to wrap her arms around him.

blaine yawned and returned elle's warm hug, before the pair comfortably readjusted in one another's arms and were simply cuddling. "i've been better, but still, not too bad," he nodded before noticing the rosy glow on elle's cheeks. "what's up with you?"

"oh, other than the fact that mike and i are dating again?" she grinned. "not much!"

blaine smiled and squeezed elle's shoulders. "i'm so happy for you, ellie!"

elle sighed, leaning her head against blaine's shoulder. "it's like everything is finally shifting back to where it should be," she smiled before glancing at her friend who was sporting a black eyepatch. "sorry,"

blaine shrugged. "it's fine," he dismissed. "i'm going in for surgery this week, and i'm pretty scared actually."

elle sat up and took blaine's face in her hands. "you have nothing to be worried about," she assured him. "everything is gonna be just fine, and you know why?" she asked him.

"because everything's finally shifting back into place?"

elle smiled and tapped his nose with her finger. "exactly."

the very next day at school, eleanor's hypothesis only seemed to be coming true as santana revealed she had evidence that sebastian had sabotaged the slushy he threw at blaine.

"now tell me the truth, what did you put in that slushy?"
"rock salt, but it's okay."
"why is it okay? i just told you that blaine had to have surgery!"
"it's okay, 'cause i didn't put anything in this one,"

elle winced at the sound of a slushy splashing in santana's face, before the brunette cheerio turned off her tape recorder.

"no, we're not doing that!" kurt sighed.

"why? kurt this isn't violent this is clever! i taped it to my underboob." santana reasoned as kurt stood up.

"so he gets kicked out of school, the warblers still do michael, and they still beat us." kurt explained. "look, i wanna see sebastians head turning on a spit, but i've realised that you can't go looking for payback every time the world wrongs you."

elle sighed and glanced at mike, instinctively shuffling closer to him. "if michael went after all of the haters, he never would've had time to do all of that amazing music! so, we're not gonna punish the warblers; we're gonna teach them a lesson, and i think i know how."

santana rolled her eyes.

"i've reserved the auditorium, so if you'll all just follow me?"

upon arriving to the auditorium, kurt revealed his big plan and, as cheesy as it was, the rest of the new directions were on board.

"is whatever this is gonna take long?" sebastian asked as he and the warblers walked into the auditorium not twenty minutes after kurt had invited them. "i can't stand the stench of public schools."

"shut your face gash," elle quipped quickly, earning a nudge from quinn who was fighting back a laugh.

"it won't take long and all you have to do is sit and listen," she explained.

"we're not doing michael for regionals," artie explained once the warblers had taken their seats.

"i didn't think you'd surrender that easily," sebastian noted, a smug grin growing on his face.

"we're tired of the fighting and the backstabbing," kurt spoke up. "we're show choirs, we're supposed to be supportive of each other."

"this is what we call, taking the high road," puck added. "which i was shocked to find out has nothing to do with marijuana."

"just because you're doing michael, doesn't mean you understand michael," elle noted.

"and you do?" sebastian asked her, choking back a laugh.

"yes," mercedes nodded. "and we're about to show you."

the music then kicked in, beginning to new directions performance of 'black or white' which was lead by artie, elle, santana and kurt.

soon enough, the warblers got up one by one, prompting elle to run over to nick, and throw her arms around her old friend before pulling him to dance with her.

when the song ended, only one warbler remained in their seat.

"very moving," he noted, clapping slowly.

"come on, sebastian. give it up!" nick argued.

"that is exactly the attitude that lost us regionals last year,"

"i could call the cops or your headmaster and get you kicked out of school or even arrested for assaulting blaine with that slushy," santana noted, stepping toward the front of the stage.

"all of this would be just awfully terrifying if you had any proof whatsoever," sebastian smugly explained.

"you mean like you on tape admitting to it?" santana challenged making the boys face drop.

"but you know what, it just wouldn't be as much fun winning regionals if you weren't there to suffer through all the agony of defeat." kurt noted as the small tape was thrown to sebastian.

"at least now all of your team mates get to know exactly what kind of guy you are," santana smiled, swiftly high-fiving elle who simply cheered the word 'underboob' under her breath.

"no get the hell out of our auditorium," artie finished. "school's out."

after bidding nick a fond farewell, elle rushed over to mike and threw her arms around his midsection, looking up at him with her chin resting against his strong chest.

mike simply smiled down at her before pressing a kiss to her lips and following the rest of the team out of the auditorium.

it's my birthday so i'm updating!! :))