017 - the leak

𝐬ongbird, chapter seventeen
— the leak

       elle and mike were still reeling from mercedes performance at glee club that morning, they honestly couldn't believe that rachel had given up the ballad for their sectionals setlist

no one thought that anything could top the spectacle that was mercedes jones, but when finn rushed into the choir room that afternoon and began beating the holy hell out of puckerman, accusing him of knocking quinn up, no one could think of anything else.

elle and the rest of the girls were frozen while mr schue pried finn away from puck and pushed the enraged boy in the direction of mike and matt who were struggling to hold him back.

"tell the truth!" finn seethed, fighting to get back to puck so that he could continue to hurl punches his way.

"he just walked in here, and sucker punched me!" puck quickly defended himself, somehow making finn even angrier.

"don't play dumb, you're too freaking dumb to play dumb!"

"who told you this, finn?" quinn choked, tears spilling from her eyes.

"obviously it was rachel." kurt spoke up, making the quite obviously guilt brunette girl tense up.

"what? i didn't do anything!" she defended, only to get shut down by finn immediately after as he eventually got free from mike and matt.

"i wanna hear it from you, i wanna hear it from both of you." he demanded.

"finn, just calm down!" mr schue told him firmly, causing the boy to flip out again.

"no, they're both lying to me!" he shouted before his gaze fell on quinn. "is it true? just tell me, is it true?" he asked her.

quinn walked forward, still blubbering. "yes." she whispered. "puck is the father."

finn looked unsure for a moment, struggling to speak while everyone in the room watched him expectantly. "so, all that stuff about the hot tub.. you just made that up?" he asked quinn, his voice breaking.

"you were stupid enough to buy it." puck quipped, only angering finn again, making him snap and try to reach his once best friend.

"i'm so sorry." quinn cried.

finn shook his head. "screw this!" he seethed, pushing mr schue's hands away from him. "i'm done with you." he pointed at quinn who flinched.