045 - heads are spinning

𝐬𝐨𝐧𝐠𝐛𝐢𝐫𝐝, chapter forty five
— heads are spinning

        "wait a second, you quit?" elle questioned santana as they walked down the hall

        "wait a second, you quit?" elle questioned santana as they walked down the hall. "how could you?"

"easy for you to say, freshers." santana replied cooly. "you quit glee club for the cheerio's first."

elle rolled her eyes. "i was going through something," she reminded her friend, somewhat embarrassed. "but besides, i rejoined because i realised what a joke the cheerio's was!"

santana sighed guiltily. "i'm sorry, but i did what i had to."

"you don't need the cheerio's to be cool, tana." elle reminded her friend. "you're the hottest piece of ass at this school,"

santana smirked. "true, but you can't be so naïve, ellie." she sighed. "labels are everything here."

elle shook her head. "whatever you say, tana." she checked the time on her phone. "i've gotta get going to practice, but please just, think about it?"

later that week, elle and the rest of the girls still in glee were standing in front of the boys explaining why they wanted to be on the team too.

"come on guys, stop screwing around." mike chastised them. "it's not cool."

"what's not cool is you guys not respecting women enough to realise that they're perfectly capable of playing football." jeremiah argued with a firm raise of his brows, earning a wide smile from his sister.

"girls, have you actually seen a tackle football game?" mr schue asked. "when they tackle you, it hurts."

"oh my god, we're not stupid." elle sighed, rolling her eyes.

"we've thought about that." rachel interrupted. "you guys don't really need us to play, you just need enough guys for a regulation team. so, when they throw the ball, we're just gonna lie down on the ground."

"i guess, they won't get hurt if you stay down." coach beiste pointed out.

"what do your parents have to say about this?" mr schue asked, prompting the girls to produce signed permission slips from their pocket. "what do you think, coach?"

"welcome to the football team." coach beiste told them, elating the girls.

"glee club, cheerio's and the football team?" jeremiah grinned. "damn ellie, what after school activity aren't you gonna pick up?"