1.04

when styx arrived in the studio, it was empty and as much as she tried to relax, she just couldn't sit still. she was pacing the room, mumbling to herself about everything that happened today.

the boys all poofed in, making her jump in surprise, but she didn't stop pacing or mumbling to herself. reggie and luke took a seat on the couch and styx noticed alex was pacing as well.

the room fell silent for a while except for styx's quiet mumbles and the sound of hers and alex's quick steps as the two boys on the couch watched them freaking out.

"i think their practicing their model struts." reggie comments after a few minutes.

"they're so nervous, it's almost making me nervous." luke whispers to reggie, making alex stop walking to face them. styx continues walking back and forth behind alex as the boys talked.

"okay look, you guys know i don't handle change well." alex starts. "all right, death, that was a change." luke and reggie nod in agreement. "okay, then we became ghost, all right? another change. and now, we can be seen whenever we play with julie and styx, who we can somehow touch! big freaking change!" he finishes with a sigh.

"yeah, but bro it was a good change." luke tells him. "with julie and styx we can play on stage again and be the band we never got to be." he says, making the red head stop walking to face him. "come on, i mean, you gotta be down for that?"

"yeah, i mean, who wouldn't be. i just, you know, i wanna figure out why?" alex sighs again and styx nods.

she was dying to get answers. everything about this was beyond crazy that part of her thought this was one big dream. it couldn't be real, right?

"forget why!" luke says, hopping up from the couch. "man, i say we invite julie and styx to join sunset curve." he glances to the red head, who was only half listening to their conversation, her mind still jumbled with thoughts.

"yeah totally! i mean, think about it." reggie says, before styx gets a change to respond. "with a new lead singer and a new guitarist, this band would be legendary."

"hey!" luke says, offended. "i'm our lead singer and guitarist." he holds a hand over his heart and reggie rolls his eyes.

"dude, that girl has the voice of an angel, and her and styx can make us visible." he reminds luke. "without them we're just, like, elevator music." he shrugs and styx lets out a small laugh. reggie smiled happily when he noticed that he'd made her slightly happy despite her current mental state.

"well you don't gotta be so mean about it." luke tells him as alex begins pacing to room again. "and we're on the runway again!" he exclaims and alex stops abruptly.

"okay, i'm sorry, all right?" he speaks quickly. "i just, i gotta go clear my head." he walks across the room, reaching for the door handle. the other three watch as he attempted, twice, to open the door, though his hand just kept going through it.

"dude, you're a ghost, just poof out." reggie reminds him, and styx raises and eyebrow. poofing?

"don't tell me how to ghost!" alex shouts before taking a deep breath. he disappeared in a flash, and styx thought back to this morning when she flashed on stage.

"how do you guys do that?" she asked quickly, causing the two boys to look at her.

"not sure," luke shrugs. "we just kind of think about a place or person and we appear there."

"so this morning, before i flashed on stage, all i could think about was playing with julie." she speaks quietly, mostly talking to herself.

reggie and luke watch as the girl begins to pace again.