fourteen

"stella?!" jadens voice echoed through the phone.
"jaden?" she asked, rather annoyed.
"can you please come over like right now"
"why?"
"its josh, he's been gone for way to long and were pretty sure he's hurt"

she hesitated before hanging up and running upstairs. she slipped on her shoes before grabbing her car keys and running out and into the rain to her car.

she drove on the slick roads until she reached the small abandoned house where jaden stood on the porch. he ran towards her car as rain poured down him, matting his black hair to his head.

"what are we doing?" she asked frantically.
"go to (random address) the rest of the boys should be on their way right now"
"what the hell happened?"
"michael sent him on a "mission" to kill another guy but he never takes this long to get back. usually he would be back and bragging about his kill and how successful it was or something"
"why do you think hes hurt?"
"if he wasnt then he would be back already. he wouldnt stop for anything unless he was injured or really unable to do something"

her foot dug into the pedal a little more as she hoped to find josh before it was too late. she tapped her fingers nervously against the steering wheel while stuck at a red light. as soon as the green light reflected through the dark night sky, she sped off and towards the address.

as they approached, the boys were scene carrying out josh, his hands clutching his stomach. jaden and stella rushed put of the car as the boys stood there, not knowing what to do.

"whats going on?!" jaden asked.
"we dont have room!" michael yelled.
"put him in here! we'll take him" jaden shouted back as the boys rushed to stella's car.
"stella go in the back with him" jaden said before jumping into the drivers seat.

stella crawled in the back seat as josh laid his head on her lap, groaning in pain while his hands clutched his stomach. she looked down to see his shirt filling with blood as he shifted constantly in her lap.

"josh stop moving, your gonna make it worse" she said softly while running her fingers through his hair.

he seemed to relax quickly in her hold as jaden drove as fast as he could. as the reached the house, jaden hopped out before running around the car and over to the back doors. he opened one of them and quickly got josh out as stella got out through the other door and went over to help jaden. they helped josh hobble towards the door as they all stumbled about.

once the wooden door was burst open, the boys emerged before taking josh into the house and laying him on the table. before stella could walk in, jaden placed his hand on her shoulder.

"let me take you home" he said.
"jaden, josh was just shot. i exactly go home"
"he's gonna be fine, we take care of eachother"
"i- i cant"
"you need rest, its late"
"fine"

he walked her to his car before getting into the drivers seat and waiting for her to get into the passengers side.

as they drove in silence, they quickly pulled up to her house. she thanked him before walking inside and quickly running downstairs into her bathroom.

"stella?" her moms voice echoed.
"yeah! yeah its me!"
"why are you getting home so late? its almost 3 am"
"im sorry! i was just uh, trying to clear my head!"
"okay well, i need to be at the station early so good night!"
"good night mom!"

she stared at her bloody hands before turning the handles on the sink and quickly washing her hands, the red water now filling the bowl of the white sink. she dried her hands off before runnind and grabbing a new shirt, one that wasnt bloody along with shorts that were clean.

she quickly changed before crawling under her shirts, thinking about what was going on in that house.