two

DISTURBIA~
it can control you, its too close for comfort

i woke up to my mom yelling from downstairs.

"stella get up! you need to go!"

i groaned and quickly changed. i walked downstairs to see breakfast and my mom waiting.

"so today you need to interrogate him. we need you to soften him up. heres the address, dont be suspicious, just act like a normal highschool girl talking to an attractive guy"
"mom im not gonna have sex, kiss or do anything of the sort to soften him up"
"thats not what im asking, please just get some answers out of him"

i nodded as she handed me a piece of paper. i looked at the address and grabbed a notepad and keys. i got into my car and drove over to the address. it looked kinda nice but then again, serial killer lives here. i took a deep breath as i walked up to the door. i knocked on it as he opened the door.

"josh richards?"
"oh i remember you, the rookie from the station. let me guess, you want to ask questions"

i nodded and avoided eye contact.

"come in. ask away, i dont lie"

i gulped harshly as i walked through the door. i sat down in a chair and he sat across from me. he pulled out a bottle of champagne and 2 glasses.

"umm im okay"

he seemed really chill for a serial killer. maybe even a little too calm.

"whatever. ask away"
"did you kill 8 people?"
"yes"
"why?"
"sometimes you need to have a little fun"
"thats your idea of fun?"
"yes. its fun to watch the fear in their eyes right before you take their life"

i got a little nervous as i quickly sat up a little straighter and a lump formed in my throat.

"are you planning on doing it again?"
"maybe. who knows?"
"um okay. i better be going" i said while standing up.
"no. wait"

i looked down at him as he stood up.

"i need to take a girl to a gathering and i choose you"
"thanks but no thanks"
"your going stella. 2 days. be here at 6"
"no thank you" i said politely.

he came over and gripped my wrist as he walked upstairs. we made it into the room with a few wardrobes.

"pick an outfit"

i walked over and picked out a fitting red dress.

"great. now your going"

i shyly nodded, afraid of what would happen if i said no and started walking downstairs. i started heading towards the door until he called me again.

"you will not tell anyone about any information i gave you"
"its my job"
"rat me out and i'll kill you like i did the rest"

i got really nervous as i looked up at him.

"i have to" i said while walked towards the door. i saw a knife land into the wall right by my face.

i gasped loudly as i turned back to him, sitting in the chair looking casual.

"i missed on purpose. im being pretty nice compared to usual. dont mess this up stella."

i nodded and walked away. i saw him staring through the doorway as i closed my car door. i quickly drove away and to my house.

"did you find anything?" my mom said.
"no, he wouldnt speak on the topic" i lied.
"your gonna have to keep going back until you get something useful out of him"
i nodded and ran up to my room. i got a text from my bestfriend, katelyn, and i quickly picked up my phone.

katelyn:
hey wanna hang out tomorrow?

stella:
yea ofc!

i was a little relieved that i could finally be able to talk to someone. i laid down in my bed as i sighed loudly. i felt my eyes get heavy as they shut and i drifted to sleep.