twelve

"can you stop being so fucking bipolar?!" stella asked while throwing a pillow at the figure in the corner and another pillow over her face.
"your morning voice is cute" josh stated.
"dude get out. how are you gonna tell me to stay away but then you appear in my room"
"look im not here to fight with you like every other morning. i just wanted to say that im sorry"
"woah, the josh richards apologizing? beyond me"
"shut up. im being serious. im sorry for shutting you out. i just got scared after what bryce did and i didnt want it to happen again. i thought it would protect you but clearly you dont need my protection"
"so know you decide to listen to me? after all this time, you finally listen? i've been telling you that i dont need your protection this entire time but now-"

she was cut off as he placed his lips onto hers. her hands laid limply by her sides as his cupped her face.

"you know one kiss doesnt make it all better right?"
"it got you to stop rambling though"
"why are you really here josh? another one night stand or?"
"look i didnt just fuck you and then dip. i couldnt risk laying in your bed with you while were both naked and then your mom walking in. you know how much trouble we would both be in? thats why i put you in your clothes while you slept because i didnt even wanna risk your mom walking in on you. what would she think? who would she think had sex with you? she would interrogate the living shit out of you. you may think im heartless or whatever but i did it to keep you safe stella"
"josh, you cant just keep popping up like this. you also cant keep getting into fights especially with other mafia's"
"how do you know about that?"
"your phone was blowing up and i saw it"
"stella-"
"its not okay josh. dont get caught up in shit like this. you know how bad this could get for you? i may be a raging bitch sometimes but i actually care okay? i dont wanna see you end up in the hospital then jail or something like that. mafia's are unpredictable and if you and your mafia go against another one, a lot of people including you are gonna get hurt and i cant have that so please, dont get involved with that"
"stella im in too deep now. i cant back out"
"please josh, i'll do anything. im literally begging you, dont do this"

josh could see how hurt she was and how upset she was feeling. she felt weak and vulnerable right now and josh couldnt do anything about that.

"im sorry, i cant just give up like that. they know where you live and if i just back out then... im risking losing you. if i rat them out then im labeled as a snitch and im gonna have everyone coming after me and you. im sorry stella but i cant have you getting hurt" he said before walking out.

she fell back onto her bed before placing her head in her hands and letting herself cry into them. she usually didnt cry but this was pushing her. she forced her self up and into the bathroom before quickly washing her face with cold water.

as she turned around, she was pulled into someones chest with arms tight around her.

"im sorry stella" josh whispered as she sobbed into his chest.
"josh please" she choked out.
"i'll ask once but if they say no then i cant do anything about that"

she nodded into his chest before he lifted her up. she wrapped her legs around his waist as he walked into her room and laid her on the bed. he laid beside her while pulling the blanket over them and wrapping his arm around her.

~_~_~
a/n

cuties 🥺